NGD!! McCarty Singlecut PS #4389

MA Pete

Pattern Thin Convert!
Epic NGD here in the Windy City!! My first NGD in a long time, or at least it feels like it anyway.

I feel like a kid on Christmas, my heart was beating with anticipation as I picked up the box from FedEx, drove it home, and opened the box.

Looks - Holy cow, BEAUTIFUL! Pics cannot capture the great color of the finish on this guitar. It glows like the warmth of the sun. I love the matching Maple headstock veneer. Awesome 3D flame top, really a fine specimen. One of those 3D flames where a picture just cannot capture the beauty.

And thanks PRS for doing Phase III Tuners on this guitar! No PRS should ever come with anything with Phase III tuners, that is one of the reasons I went away from the production and Willcutt's Ted's, I did not care for those Vintage non-locking tuners.

The Maple Body and Neck Binding stained Yellow is a nice touch! Gives it that authentic R9 look, but with a much higher end fit and finish with Maple versus plastic binding.

A nice dark board too, just the way I like them. Makes those Mammoth Ivory Birds really "pop" visually.

Santana Headstock only for me please, in the "Ted" tradition!! ;)

20140816_115202.jpg

20140816_115213.jpg

20140816_115230.jpg

20140816_115242.jpg

Initial tone report - Mind blowing!! Best sounding PRS SC I have ever heard, that LP kind of way. R9 killer indeed!

The lead tone on the neck pickup with the tone rolled down - it is that sound in my head!

All R9 GAS officially 100% Dead on Arrival!! ;)

Well done, PRS!! Fun times...

P.S. Got this beauty from JD at Guitar Maverick. Thanks, JD, for another great transaction, and the quick turn for a Saturday delivery for some weekend fun with it! (JD has one more of these beauties left, BTW...) JD's description of the guitar on the FedEx paperwork was "Zeus Thunderbolt PS" - LOL, appropriately named!

Last edited:
Meh, not a fan of this one.

I'll PM you my address so I can dispose of it properly.........

:D

One of the best looking Singlecuts I've seen! Congrats.

Pete, it's as if all is right with the world now that you're back to NGD's. still cant believe you dont have an Archon yet though...

Congrats Pete! Always enjoy working with you!

Awesome chevron, awesome color, awesome birds, heck awesomeness all around as usual Pete
Congrats and welcome back so we can search frantically everyday to see what you have in store for us to drool over

:adore:

Excellent Pete!

Looking forward for a Tone Report.

Congrats!!

Something uncanny here, look at these two tops:

20140816_125036.jpg

Same 'beefy" flame, almost identical slight "V" to the angle at the bookmatch seam.

Both of course selected by me. What can I say, I like what I like! ;)

Something uncanny here, look at these two tops:

20140816_125036.jpg

Same 'beefy" flame, almost identical slight "V" to the angle at the bookmatch seam.

Both of course selected by me. What can I say, I like what I like! ;)

That is a Match Made In Heaven. The colors even look great together! I propose a beer to celebrate your new acquisition on my next trip to Chicago. We can grab Sergio.

Back