NGD McCarty SC - Smells like fish

uljrwrbw7qkwfff8pmhb.jpg

Land Shark! *

* Most of you are not old enough to remember the Land Shark Skit on Saturday Night Live.

Speaking of oil on fingerboards, I recently realized that a couple of my guitars were WAY overdue for a fingerboard deep conditioning treatment (oil). While I was working on the guitars it dawned on me that I could stop the rapid oxidation I always get on the nickel coated pickup covers and bridges by applying some of this oil to them VERY LIGHTLY. Basically what I did was when I was using a clean paper towel to wipe off the excess oil from the finger board, I used that same paper towel (which barely had any oil on it) to shine up the PU covers and bridges. I imagined someone was going to freak out and tell me that was a bad idea, but I did it anyway.

Not a grassy smell, a fish oil smell. Actually, I’ve fished the Bahamas a zillion times, and frankly it smells like a dead Barracuda ... yes, they smell different when dead than other fish!

I find it very comforting to learn you’ve narrowed it down to what species and what stage it it’s life it smells like. Hopefully you’ll find support in all these helpful comments.:)

Seriously, this thread made my day. You guys make me smile. To rub it in a little bit more - My latest PRS smells delicious!:p

Back