NGD - McCarty from Experience

Jdscpa

So, my first trip to the PRS Experience turned out to be an expensive one. When I saw this McCarty on the Moore Music table, I had to take it. I'd always wanted a McCarty since seeing the ads for them when the guitar launched in 1994. Now I finally have one, and in my opinion, it's a looker.

The feature that sold me was the cocobolo neck. I've felt rosewood necks in the past and loved them, and this one spoke to me both in the beauty of the wood and the smoothness of the feel. I'm not sure how many core model McCartys were made with this neck, but apparently not many. I even walked it back through the shop floor, and it seemed to stump a lot of the people there as most of the cocobolo necks seem to come from Private Stock.

I'm not even sure what to call this color. They told me when I bought it, but I've forgotten! I also love the back on this one.

The 58/15s are awesome also.

If anyone has more to add on this guitar, especially what exactly to call this color, I'd appreciate the information!

Of course, I have to share pics to post something like this. So, here we go:

Stonkin'! Yeah, I was sorely tempted multiple times, but I just can't get any more guitars until I get rid of some I have. I'll probably still break down and get something with the new(ish 408) electronics.

Last edited:
Killer!
I think the color is either natural burst or Boyd Burst.

Awesome score, and that neck is killer
the color looks to me live vintage natural
Congrats, enjoy rockin' her

Thanks for all the comments. From playing it today I'm most impressed with the neck. The smoothness is unreal, and you can really feel the strings resonating through the neck.

Now to figure out what to sell to pay for this bad boy...

Thanks for all the comments. From playing it today I'm most impressed with the neck. The smoothness is unreal, and you can really feel the strings resonating through the neck.

Now to figure out what to sell to pay for this bad boy...
Your soul?

Back