NGD - McCarty 594

Looks like a pretty sick finish. My wife wants to get into guitar and wants a purple guitar. You know how women are... Most of her choices are pretty expensive and I'm trying to temper her into something more affordable. Worst thing I could do is show her a pic of yours!

-k

Looks like a pretty sick finish. My wife wants to get into guitar and wants a purple guitar. You know how women are... Most of her choices are pretty expensive and I'm trying to temper her into something more affordable. Worst thing I could do is show her a pic of yours!

-k

Do it!

-k

I now have two purple McCarty's. Kansas State University alum, purple is in my blood. Plus, it's the color of royalty.

I believe first guitars should be inexpensive. Fortunately you can get a pretty decent guitar without spending a lot of money. A used SE shouldn't break the bank and they are nice guitars.

True. We aren't even close to even narrowing down which brand she wants. A few years ago I got her a cheap Squire Strat but at that point in time she had no real interest. The guitar also is not very comfortable for her and neither is my Strat. The PRS SE that I have is so far the most comfortable for her but she has SUPER tiny hands so something with a reduced scale or even a really thin neck guitar like an Ibanez might work out best.

-k

True. We aren't even close to even narrowing down which brand she wants. A few years ago I got her a cheap Squire Strat but at that point in time she had no real interest. The guitar also is not very comfortable for her and neither is my Strat. The PRS SE that I have is so far the most comfortable for her but she has SUPER tiny hands so something with a reduced scale or even a really thin neck guitar like an Ibanez might work out best.

-k
Was it the Mustang or the DuoSonic that had a 24" scale?

Was it the Mustang or the DuoSonic that had a 24" scale?

Not sure. I was looking at a mini Strat or an Ibanez first for her. From my memory, the Mustang had a thicker neck than most Strats which might not be comfortable for her. A friend of mine years ago had a 68'? Mustang I believe it was that had been refinished and I never liked the neck on it.

-k

Back