NGD: McCarty 594 SH Aquamarine - no, not the SC you expected

Beauty!!! Congrats.
So...For a while, Hybrid hardware was the standard with a 10 top...Is that still the case???
The current PRS website lists this for the (regular solidbody) 594, both DC and SC versions:

UPGRADE OPTIONS
  • 10-Top Grade Maple Top
  • Hybrid Hardware

The 2019 Catalog states the following (so your statement is correct):

The following options are included when the 10 top option is selected:
• 10 Top flamed maple top
• Hybrid hardware, No hardware upgrade on Grainger basses (nickel hardware only)
• Core finishes only (see below). Excludes DGT and Paul’s guitar (limited color selections)

Gorgeous guitar, congratulations!

Yeah, sorry @sergiodeblanc , it is indeed a variation of "blue".

If I have any will power whatsoever, my next procurement will be at Experience 2020, and hopefully it will be in a Sergio-approved color scheme... :p

I’ll be there to help you pick it out. :D

Hey, maybe too early to say it but... I’m planning to attend to Experience 2020. I was there in 2016 but didn’t met any of you. This time could be cool to hang with you guys (and if you want to, you can buy me a new PRS in exchange of flying from Spain :D)

Love the color! Very, very nice looking instrument. Merry Christmas to you!
Indeed, it will be a nice Christmas week if I get a chance to play it, what with family in and out and parties to attend, etc. I did finish off writing a new song using it yesterday (which I started writing on my second-last NGD PRSi, the SC HB II). The 594SH lends itself to a variety of textures, and plays well with my pedalboard du jour (all Boss, baby!) and the Archon 25W combo.

I must admit I don't know if I could tell Aquamarine and Blue Matteo apart. I've seen some examples of both recently that could easily fall into the "other color's" camp. My SAS is Blue Matteo, and it looks more true-blue than the Aquamarine, which has faint hints of green to it. But online I can find BMs that good even more green than my Aquamarine, and Aquamarines that look more blue than my BM.

:shrug:

The 58/15LTs are nice - "articulate" is a term I believe I have seen used, and I would agree. They are not super high gain - the 57/08s on the HB II might not be much hotter, but sound differently. I really need to do a detailed comparison, rather than just playing. :)

Indeed, it will be a nice Christmas week if I get a chance to play it, what with family in and out and parties to attend, etc. I did finish off writing a new song using it yesterday (which I started writing on my second-last NGD PRSi, the SC HB II). The 594SH lends itself to a variety of textures, and plays well with my pedalboard du jour (all Boss, baby!) and the Archon 25W combo.

I must admit I don't know if I could tell Aquamarine and Blue Matteo apart. I've seen some examples of both recently that could easily fall into the "other color's" camp. My SAS is Blue Matteo, and it looks more true-blue than the Aquamarine, which has faint hints of green to it. But online I can find BMs that good even more green than my Aquamarine, and Aquamarines that look more blue than my BM.

:shrug:

The 58/15LTs are nice - "articulate" is a term I believe I have seen used, and I would agree. They are not super high gain - the 57/08s on the HB II might not be much hotter, but sound differently. I really need to do a detailed comparison, rather than just playing. :)
Score yet again! To show off the flame when you're playing you just have to move around more .... get your "Elvis" on!

Heck with that Sergio guy, I'd take that in a heartbeat!!! She's a beaut, Clark!

Back