NGD! McCarty 594 Hollowbody content...

The finish is officially "Violet Blue Burst" in the PRS lexicon, because that's what it is: violet, but with a blue burst. No longer a Core finish option, apparently, but can be found on some WL runs I believe.

The "Bruise Burst" name got dropped because, IIRC, another company trademarked it. Can't trademark simple color name combos and traditional techniques like burst or teardrop, so Violet Blue Burst it is.

And that's niiiice!

I played that same model and pretty much the same color at my local dealer today. Totally blown away. I walked out with a McCarty solid body, which was my intention upon entering the shop, but it took all of the willpower I could muster up to not grab the Hollowbody II in addition. Warmest sounding tone I've ever heard on an electric.

What a collection! I think that you should consider adding a JA 15 to round out your collection.;)

If I ever happen to run across a JA 15 that moves me I surely will… but I’ll have to all the idea to my CFO first

A month after my new McCarty Hollowbody arrives, I'm moving one of the few "low end" guitars around my place and someone offers me this in trade:

vOVxtRw.jpg

Who am I to say no? Got some amber lampshade knobs and SE locking tuners coming in to fix her up a bit, then I'll post a proper new guitar day...

It never rains but it pours... :D

A month after my new McCarty Hollowbody arrives, I'm moving one of the few "low end" guitars around my place and someone offers me this in trade:

vOVxtRw.jpg

Who am I to say no? Got some amber lampshade knobs and SE locking tuners coming in to fix her up a bit, then I'll post a proper new guitar day...

It never rains but it pours... :D
Nice!

I've been strongly considering a doublecut Hollowbody II for years; pretty much since I picked up my SC HB II in fact... but it always seemed just a little redundant. The release of the McCarty 594 Hollowbody II changed all that with the 58/15 LTs, the PRS 2-piece bridge and the 24.594" scale; totally different guitar, so it's okay to buy one... right?

Right! The FedEx guy brought me something yesterday:

kr1YmYR.jpg

Not sure what to call the colour; it's simply described as "custom color" on the dealer's website, there's nothing on the build tag to give me a hint, and the MODCAT produces bupkiss on color... violet-blue burst maybe? I just know it really gives me a Purple Haze/Rain vibe; I think it's beautiful...

loqKIXm.jpg

This pic's too dark to see but the neck is a very dark but transluscent purple finish... beautiful in sunlight with the deep purple hue and the wood grain showing through...

hfunJHe.jpg

And the obligatory family shot (well, the semi/hollowbodies). I should note that both the SC HB II and the McCarty 594 HB II came from the same shop, 10 years apart:

TLpDDNP.jpg

5m18c6F.jpg

Love (I mean freakin' LOVE!!) all these guitars.
Beautiful guitars! HNGD!

I played that same model and pretty much the same color at my local dealer today. Totally blown away. I walked out with a McCarty solid body, which was my intention upon entering the shop, but it took all of the willpower I could muster up to not grab the Hollowbody II in addition. Warmest sounding tone I've ever heard on an electric.
Warmest tone +99 :)

Back