NGD! McCarty 594 Hollowbody content...

Jimi D

@ the hundredth meridian
I've been strongly considering a doublecut Hollowbody II for years; pretty much since I picked up my SC HB II in fact... but it always seemed just a little redundant. The release of the McCarty 594 Hollowbody II changed all that with the 58/15 LTs, the PRS 2-piece bridge and the 24.594" scale; totally different guitar, so it's okay to buy one... right?

Right! The FedEx guy brought me something yesterday:

kr1YmYR.jpg

Not sure what to call the colour; it's simply described as "custom color" on the dealer's website, there's nothing on the build tag to give me a hint, and the MODCAT produces bupkiss on color... violet-blue burst maybe? I just know it really gives me a Purple Haze/Rain vibe; I think it's beautiful...

loqKIXm.jpg

This pic's too dark to see but the neck is a very dark but transluscent purple finish... beautiful in sunlight with the deep purple hue and the wood grain showing through...

hfunJHe.jpg

And the obligatory family shot (well, the semi/hollowbodies). I should note that both the SC HB II and the McCarty 594 HB II came from the same shop, 10 years apart:

TLpDDNP.jpg

5m18c6F.jpg

Love (I mean freakin' LOVE!!) all these guitars.

I've been strongly considering a doublecut Hollowbody II for years; pretty much since I picked up my SC HB II in fact... but it always seemed just a little redundant. The release of the McCarty 594 Hollowbody II changed all that with the 58/15 LTs, the PRS 2-piece bridge and the 24.594" scale; totally different guitar, so it's okay to buy one... right?

Right! The FedEx guy brought me something yesterday:

kr1YmYR.jpg

Not sure what to call the colour; it's simply described as "custom color" on the dealer's website, there's nothing on the build tag to give me a hint, and the MODCAT produces bupkiss on color... violet-blue burst maybe? I just know it really gives me a Purple Haze/Rain vibe; I think it's beautiful...

loqKIXm.jpg

This pic's too dark to see but the neck is a very dark but transluscent purple finish... beautiful in sunlight with the deep purple hue and the wood grain showing through...

hfunJHe.jpg

And the obligatory family shot (well, the semi/hollowbodies). I should note that both the SC HB II and the McCarty 594 HB II came from the same shop, 10 years apart:

TLpDDNP.jpg

5m18c6F.jpg

Love (I mean freakin' LOVE!!) all these guitars.
You have cornered the market on f-hole awesomeness! I love them all. I have the sousing to your violet/blue one, a Special in blue with a violet burst.

Absolutely killer! I recently got one of these, too. Yours looks fantastic! As for the color, I grabbed a Santana a few years ago that had the same finish. At that time, it was listed as Violet Bruise Burst by the dealer.

Violet Bruise Burst :eek: so viole(n)t ... I've been referring to it as "Purple Rays" (in my head a portmanteau of Rain & Haze); think I like my name for it better. ;)

Amazing grain & finish - all 3 are wicked nice!

Thx... I was surprised that the 594's not a 10 Top; the other two are but the 594 doesn't seem to suffer by comparison...

Violet Bruise Burst :eek: so viole(n)t ... I've been referring to it as "Purple Rays" (in my head a portmanteau of Rain & Haze); think I like my name for it better. ;)

Thx... I was surprised that the 594's not a 10 Top; the other two are but the 594 doesn't seem to suffer by comparison...
Purple Rays is a much better name!

Very beautiful! HB-IIs are alltime great guitars, and that blue-violet color is gorgeous.

As you may know, the blue and violet PRS dyes can fade over time with exposure to light. I'd call her Elvira and keep her in her coffin!

-K

Amazing colors, got that holographic sheen to it, especially on the back side.

Back