NGD McCarty 594 Hollow body II Artist Package

Igotsoul4u

Whelp. This is a big one for me. I couldn't resist the 48 months 0% interest from Sweetwater. At the age of 40 this is my first new guitar!! I am beyond stoked but trying not to overthink it the cost. I could have bought an awesome amp and a sweet guitar as well. Unfortunately it was love at first sight. If I ordered a custom guitar this would be it! Sweetwater included some nice pics. So far the tone and feel is exactly what I hoped for. Need to figure out the strap situation. The guitar doesn't sit like my McCarty Korina with the same strap. Need something that can go tighter and help with a little neck dive. Dive is not really big concern as of now. I'm going to put it through the paces and hopefully it feels great after two weeks. It will definitely keep me entertained during this mess!

27hLGd.jpg

DifuyF.jpg

WKYDv3.jpg

Awesome specimen! I have one in the hopper. Can’t wait.

Happy NGD and beautiful guitar! We got ours at the same time with Sweetwater's financing; I hope you enjoy it for years to come!

The financing is where it's at for me. What did you get? I was on the fence with the semi hollow.

Happy NGD! What a beautiful guitar! That’s a great one to make your first ever new guitar, certainly worth the wait.

The financing is where it's at for me. What did you get? I was on the fence with the semi hollow.
I had a Hollowbody 594 10-top in Charcoal Cherry burst on order, but it was delayed until September. Was tempted by a 10-top in Dark Cherry Burst they had and a singlecut 594 semi they had in stock, but came across a non 10-top Charcoal Cherry burst HB594. Just posted my NGD as well!

OMG! what a guitar! what a case! That is truly an amazing guitar from the fine folks at PRS. Congrats!

Whelp. This is a big one for me. I couldn't resist the 48 months 0% interest from Sweetwater. At the age of 40 this is my first new guitar!! I am beyond stoked but trying not to overthink it the cost. I could have bought an awesome amp and a sweet guitar as well. Unfortunately it was love at first sight. If I ordered a custom guitar this would be it! Sweetwater included some nice pics. So far the tone and feel is exactly what I hoped for. Need to figure out the strap situation. The guitar doesn't sit like my McCarty Korina with the same strap. Need something that can go tighter and help with a little neck dive. Dive is not really big concern as of now. I'm going to put it through the paces and hopefully it feels great after two weeks. It will definitely keep me entertained during this mess!

27hLGd.jpg

DifuyF.jpg

WKYDv3.jpg

F me, that is gorgeous. That's a helluva first new guitar!

So NICE!!!! Congrats and enjoy. That's fabulous.

I know sometimes the expense gets to you. But how do you feel when you play it?

First impressions. The clean tone is stunning on both the bridge and center position although it can be quite bright! I have the tone knobs rolled to 6/7. To me that's a good thing. The high end roll of very musically and the controls have a big sweet spot. What is most amazing to me is the dynamic range of the guitar. I can easily darken/brighten the tone with my hands. Reminds me a lot of my trumpet where I lay into the horn and it brightens. It sounds fantastic with distortion but I am still dialing in the dirty sound. I am loving the comfort of the shorter scale. I have small hands and its very comfy. Intonation is very good and similar to my McCarty Korina. That guitar stays in tune for days unless I do some big bends.

I'm trying to find the right strap length and strap. Stupid huge buttons don't ever fit my levy straps. The guitar has a tiny bit of neck dive and I know the right strap is out there to get the feel right. I'm looking at the 2.5 suede PRS strap. I'm still getting used to the carved back against my belly. It puts my right arm in a different spot on the body then my McCarty Korina. Only time will tell with the ergonomics. I worry about the edge of the body digging into my forearm. Hopefully I can get that all sorted ASAP. Definitely leaning towards keeping it. The tone and looks are simply epic.

Back