NGD: Marie gets cozy in her new home (Wood Library DGT Content)

phillybri

I've been too damn busy with snow, illness and about a million other things to put up an NGD post even though this is definitely the greatest one EVER!!!

A few quick notes:

It's purple. 'Nuff said there!

This is my first guitar with a Brazzy board. I'm really enjoying the feel of it. It feels like....home. :D

I haven't plugged it in yet. I suck. :eek:

zud5.jpg

More details on this Wood Library masterpiece here: http://briansguitars.com/product/paul-reed-smith-wood-library-dgt-brians-guitars-limited-2

Full tone report upcoming over the next few days. Band practice is on Sunday!

Big thanks to Chris (crgtr) for making this happen!!!

UPDATE: Brian from Brian's Guitars sent over this shot of Marie in her infancy back in the Wood Library. TOO COOL!!!

7vv8.jpg

Last edited:
YES!

One of my favorites from the run. Enjoy! E-mail me, Ill try and hunt down some bare wood photos of that top for you, ok?

HUGE Congrats!!! I love this guitar!!! If it were not for the writing on the back of the headstock, I would have swooped on it myself!!! You got a sweet ride there dude!!

And now, the long overdue tone report!!!

In a word: CLARITY!!!

The combo of korina neck/brazzy fretboard yields a stunning amount of clarity and individuality to the notes you play, no matter what volume you're playing at.

This is the 3rd DGT I've owned, and other than being the most beautiful, it's also the most playable. Everything that those great guitars did, this one does just a little better. A fine example of this is the split coil tones, particularly on the neck pickup. What an amazing sound!!!

I did have to adjust some the settings on my rig to account for the slightly more "trebly" attack of this one, but no worries.

At practice yesterday, we played the following tunes, and they all sounded spot-on:

Sweet Child O'Mine
Beat It
Black Velvet
Valerie (Amy Winehouse)
I'm the Only One (Melissa Etheridge)
Paris (Grace Potter)
Zombie (Cranberries)

A pretty wide range of tones, and Marie absolutely NAILED all of them!!! :D

Back