NGD: Let me inroduce the SCF!

As much as I love my PRSi.......my one beef is lack of Floyd option on Maryland made standard models. I bought a Torero just for shitz and giggles, but it's not the same. Mad jealous! :rock:

Thank you for all your kind comments. After having spent some time intensively playing my new SCF (it really feels like a completely new guitar) all I can say is WOW!!! Almost forgot how well a perfectly adjusted Floyd stays in tune. Sounds great, plays great, what more can you want.

Looks awesome. If you don't mind a suggestion, I'd HIGHLY recommend that you put a "big block" brass tremolo block on the Floyd. I've now done it to every Floyd-equipped guitar I own. It really makes a marked improvement in the tone. It's one of the few upgrades that really lives up to the hype. Enjoy!

So, what did they have to do to get the Phase III's to work? I want to send my IRW SCT back to have that done! Mine's almost a twin to yours! I don't want the floyd, though! :)

Looks great!

Looks awesome. If you don't mind a suggestion, I'd HIGHLY recommend that you put a "big block" brass tremolo block on the Floyd. I've now done it to every Floyd-equipped guitar I own. It really makes a marked improvement in the tone. It's one of the few upgrades that really lives up to the hype. Enjoy!

Thank you.

Yes, I know FU-Tone and I am really interested in several of their products, because so far I have only heard very positive comments about them.

But on the other hand they do not seem to offer international shipping (as I live in Germany) and as my recent experiences with international shipping (sending my guitar to the PTC) were so nightmarish I'm quite reluctant at the moment.

So, what did they have to do to get the Phase III's to work? I want to send my IRW SCT back to have that done! Mine's almost a twin to yours! I don't want the floyd, though! :)

Looks great!
Because of the IRW neck the replacement seems to be quite easy. They just close the small holes of the mounting screws and drill new ones. That's it.
When it's already at the PTC, let them do their Rosewood Treatment of Extreme Awesomeness. It's really worth the money!

Back