NGD: Korina SE One

Danerada

Goatee Practitioner
I got this SE One Korina from crgtr and I put a TV Jones T-90 in it. Man what a combination! I am really pleased with the spank and twang of this, and it can get very full and round both clean and dirty. I really like the bite it can get when you want and the smooth crystal cleans it produces.

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

That's a simple yet beautiful guitar. One pickup, one knob, perfect for when you just want to play some raw blues and rock n roll!

Man - Chris had this thing setup so nice, i didn't change a thing except the pickup. And that pickup is RIDICULOUS! TV Jones T-90 and Korina is a match made in heaven....

I had one of those for a minute. Snagged it from a Musician's Friend blowout. Loved everything about it, except I gotz to have a bigger neck. Gave it to my at-the-time co-guitarist in the band. :(

I had one of those for a minute. Snagged it from a Musician's Friend blowout. Loved everything about it, except I gotz to have a bigger neck. Gave it to my at-the-time co-guitarist in the band. :(

Scratching my head at that. It's a wide/fat...

That's a nice one fo sho.

Scratching my head at that. It's a wide/fat...

That's a nice one fo sho.

Today's wide-fat carve doesn't seem to quite match that of their earlier guitars. I play a Warmoth Strat with their fatback carve, which is 1" stem to stern as my main gigging guitar. After being used to that it is hard to play any extended time on noticeably smaller necks. My '95 CU22 has an awesome feeling wide-fat, but I really think they're a tad smaller nowadays.
I bought the last 25th anniversary Mira that Musician's Friend had when they blew them out. Same story for me as the Korina SE One-loved everything about it, except the neck was just too small. :(

Today's wide-fat carve doesn't seem to quite match that of their earlier guitars. I play a Warmoth Strat with their fatback carve, which is 1" stem to stern as my main gigging guitar. After being used to that it is hard to play any extended time on noticeably smaller necks. My '95 CU22 has an awesome feeling wide-fat, but I really think they're a tad smaller nowadays.
I bought the last 25th anniversary Mira that Musician's Friend had when they blew them out. Same story for me as the Korina SE One-loved everything about it, except the neck was just too small. :(

Just about everything is noticeably smaller than the Fatback. ;) There is definitely some variation in the necks, though. Maybe you just have to try before you buy to make sure it works. You would've liked the neck on the SE Soapbar II I had. It was wider than spec at the nut, which made the thing feel massive.

Back