NGD Killer Korina.....

Davey

Just Jammin'
Big brown truck arrived today!
I waited as long as I could to open the box which wasn't very long.
Been wanting to explore other areas of PRS guitars and a Santana(ish) guitar came to mind.
I was looking at West Street's and I came across this little beauty.
Wasn't sure what to be looking for as far as the details so I contacted Sergio and he politely walked me thru what I should look for and expect. (Thank you @Sergio...You Rock man!)

There is one interesting detail on this little KL.
From what I understand, all came from the factory with "Mira" (uncovered 245) pickups.
This one has a set of unetched 57/08's, which I know some people have swapped out the Mira's to after purchasing, but the original hang tag states that this was built with 57/08's in it....hmmmm
I contacted PRS and Shawn ran the modcat and serial and he says the records show it came with Mira's, but I showed him the hang tag and the pickups and he said it could be one of those instances where Paul made a flying change and they didn't bother making a new modcat for the guitar, everyone just knew that the pickup specs had changed.
The 57/08's still had plain covers in early 2009 and they didn't start etching them until later so these might actually be the originals here.

pretty interesting as I said, but are they the original pickups that came in it? The modcat says no and the hang tag says yes...I'm inclined to think these 57/08's are the original pickups that were installed at the factory but I may never know. All I know is I am loving the sound and vibe from this. It really reacts to nuances, volume, tone and pick attack, just absolutely wonderfully put together!

Anyway, enough story telling, here she is...My NOGD 2009 KL33
50429053151_c031f9fd80_b.jpg

50429053386_d731b43b47_b.jpg

50429228467_667454827e_b.jpg

50429230037_d19946f232_b.jpg

50429053996_d9759b86ee_b.jpg

In the shade
50429055861_ed0dae7f5d_b.jpg

Last edited:
I think the undersides of those pickups win the argument against the hang tag! What a score!

I am certain that things make it out of the factory that vary from spec, and that's part of the fun. I own a Paul's Guitar that has the "wrong" birds and an unavailable color, and a trem that was built when they were specced with stoptails only. And it's a wonderful guitar.

I also have a gold pair of 53/10 pickups that have the "wrong" (red white black green) wiring. PRS customer service couldn't tell me what I had, but I have zero doubt they came out of the PRS factory.

Thanks all. I appreciate all of the kind comments.
I haven't hardly put it down since opening the case yesterday. The neck carve just feels so smooth and the pickups are perfect for this guitar.
This ones definitely another keeper!

The 10's feel good, but I think I am going to go from 4 trem springs to 3 and put some 9's on it and see how that feels.

Oh, that is a sweet looking guitar!

If I had a million dollars...I'd soon have one of every model PRS made, and the KL33 (and a Westie) would be high on the procurement list! And I'd no longer have a million dollars...

Back