NGD - JW Ltd

Congrats, looks great! Interesting to read about the SS frets.

Honestly, if I hadn't found this one @IshGuitars I probably wouldn't have grabbed one. This purchase was more about supporting a rad dealer that was getting unwarranted abuse by a complete tool.

Less dramatic but my Ukulele from @IshGuitars also arrived Saturday! Haven’t had any time for it yet but is sure looks cool lol

3-ECF4376-7-BAE-4063-92-C9-561127-EF6-E81.jpg

Sweet guitar Jim!!!!
(Can’t wait to receive its sister...hopefully tomorrow).
I really love SS frets, got them on my PS MEV and they are fantastic!
Thanks Mark. Looking forward to your thoughts. Especially on the size of the frets.

Thanks so much @bodia and @RallyFanatic !!

The JW really is a cool guitar. Its SO surprising to me how different it is considering the relatively small changes. I agree fret size is a tiny bit different.

And you are for sure one of the first to have one in the country. Cool to hear the feedback - enjoy!!
Thanks to you guys, again!

Congrats another sweet guitar !!!! Just a note I will be fully vaccinated in a couple of days !!!

Alright. Joe Walsh Ltd landed Saturday thanks to @IshGuitars offering free overnight shipping. Initial impressions are that it is a little different that my DC 594. More mid-push due to the LT+ pickups on the JW. I can't compare it to another SC 594, but from what I recall from the 594 Shot Out at MA Pete's back in February, 2020, it doesn't sound drastically different. The frets obviously feel different. Not the "worn in" frets from the regular 594. Plays like butter, for sure. Great top. Kind of hard to photo outside in the sun. The details are easier to see on the indoor pics. Cool brazzy board, with some nice figuring. Overall, a really well done (and cool) vintage style guitar. A keeper. Some additional thought on the frets after the glamour shots, and a video from Ish on this model. Thanks again to Jesse and Jay for getting this out the door so quick. You guys rock!

OUTSIDE

NXUVjou.jpg

4L6HPJd.jpg

TBioD5j.jpg

MxOVWuo.jpg

GkayaNd.jpg

INSIDE

367DEy6.jpg

cABGFBf.jpg

Ok, here are some additional thoughts on the frets. The SS frets on the JW seem smaller, to me, than the regular frets on my DC-594. Almost small like the frets on the Silver Sky. I tried to take a couple of pics to show the difference, but it's hard to tell. I'd be interested what others that snagged on think.

DC-594

Bx6coxY.jpg

uBqSNxq.jpg

Joe Walsh

s7mEzz3.jpg

92ESuX1.jpg

And finally, a comparison video from Ish

Back