NGD - JW Ltd

Alright. Joe Walsh Ltd landed Saturday thanks to @IshGuitars offering free overnight shipping. Initial impressions are that it is a little different that my DC 594. More mid-push due to the LT+ pickups on the JW. I can't compare it to another SC 594, but from what I recall from the 594 Shot Out at MA Pete's back in February, 2020, it doesn't sound drastically different. The frets obviously feel different. Not the "worn in" frets from the regular 594. Plays like butter, for sure. Great top. Kind of hard to photo outside in the sun. The details are easier to see on the indoor pics. Cool brazzy board, with some nice figuring. Overall, a really well done (and cool) vintage style guitar. A keeper. Some additional thought on the frets after the glamour shots, and a video from Ish on this model. Thanks again to Jesse and Jay for getting this out the door so quick. You guys rock!

OUTSIDE

NXUVjou.jpg

4L6HPJd.jpg

TBioD5j.jpg

MxOVWuo.jpg

GkayaNd.jpg

INSIDE

367DEy6.jpg

cABGFBf.jpg

Ok, here are some additional thoughts on the frets. The SS frets on the JW seem smaller, to me, than the regular frets on my DC-594. Almost small like the frets on the Silver Sky. I tried to take a couple of pics to show the difference, but it's hard to tell. I'd be interested what others that snagged on think.

DC-594

Bx6coxY.jpg

uBqSNxq.jpg

Joe Walsh

s7mEzz3.jpg

92ESuX1.jpg

And finally, a comparison video from Ish

How did I miss this post???

It's fantastic!

How did I miss this post???

It's fantastic!
I think it might be your glasses. I see in your avatar selfie, that your glasses seem to be projecting beams of light and lightning bolts! Have those checked by a license optometrist, then start at the first forum thread from 2012 and work your way up to today. Just to ensure you have covered all bases!!!

Alright. Joe Walsh Ltd landed Saturday thanks to @IshGuitars offering free overnight shipping. Initial impressions are that it is a little different that my DC 594. More mid-push due to the LT+ pickups on the JW. I can't compare it to another SC 594, but from what I recall from the 594 Shot Out at MA Pete's back in February, 2020, it doesn't sound drastically different. The frets obviously feel different. Not the "worn in" frets from the regular 594. Plays like butter, for sure. Great top. Kind of hard to photo outside in the sun. The details are easier to see on the indoor pics. Cool brazzy board, with some nice figuring. Overall, a really well done (and cool) vintage style guitar. A keeper. Some additional thought on the frets after the glamour shots, and a video from Ish on this model. Thanks again to Jesse and Jay for getting this out the door so quick. You guys rock!

OUTSIDE

NXUVjou.jpg

4L6HPJd.jpg

TBioD5j.jpg

MxOVWuo.jpg

GkayaNd.jpg

INSIDE

367DEy6.jpg

cABGFBf.jpg

Ok, here are some additional thoughts on the frets. The SS frets on the JW seem smaller, to me, than the regular frets on my DC-594. Almost small like the frets on the Silver Sky. I tried to take a couple of pics to show the difference, but it's hard to tell. I'd be interested what others that snagged on think.

DC-594

Bx6coxY.jpg

uBqSNxq.jpg

Joe Walsh

s7mEzz3.jpg

92ESuX1.jpg

And finally, a comparison video from Ish

I am thinking about one of these but really struggling to find out information on the frets there are none to see in the UK yet but you describe them as small I was hoping they maybe Jumbo but does not sound as they are, when you say small do you mean width or height or both please.

I am thinking about one of these but really struggling to find out information on the frets there are none to see in the UK yet but you describe them as small I was hoping they maybe Jumbo but does not sound as they are, when you say small do you mean width or height or both please.

I photographed and measured them in detail but don’t have the info with me at work. The JW frets are slightly less high, and slightly narrower than the regular 594 frets. You can see it if you look very close...and feel a subtle difference...but it is very slight. Will try to post details when I can.

They're definitely not Jumbo. They aren't tinny, just smaller than what is standard on the 594. It's subtle, for sure. Not small enough to turn me off. Tosca's pics are much better than mine.

I photographed and measured them in detail but don’t have the info with me at work. The JW frets are slightly less high, and slightly narrower than the regular 594 frets. You can see it if you look very close...and feel a subtle difference...but it is very slight. Will try to post details when I can.

Standard SC 594

GsCeEr3.jpg

JW Limited

iR3ZMbs.jpg

Thanks, Mark. Glad it wasn't just my imagination.

Congrats indeed! These JW SC594s look dang fine! Really vintage looking while still new looking "out of the box", and it will be interesting to see how they age!

Yes interesting and thanks, guess it must be JW preference as the guitar leans to the vintage, just surprised its not mentioned as I would hate to have S/S frets that are low sort of defeats the object !

They're definitely not Jumbo. They aren't tinny, just smaller than what is standard on the 594. It's subtle, for sure. Not small enough to turn me off. Tosca's pics are much better than mine.
Ok that makes me feel better, as about to put in an order ! Thanks

Back