NGD: Joining in on the 30th anniversary party with the Honey Killer

Amazing guitar! DFD is a treat to deal with. Great people at the WWG!

Last edited:
Off the chart, and IMHO every bit as stunning as my PS version! Plus that neck...Just killer. Enjoy it!

I'll say this about my 30th Anniversary CU24 - it's become my go-to, and I'm using it for all kinds of projects. It's nice that they're pretty, but they are just so great to play, especially with these new pickups.

We all know that the CU24 was developed to be an "all 'rounder" kind of instrument, and I think PRS has only improved on that with this model.

Thanks Les - as I said in the original post, your PS really is the loveliest one I've ever seen, so I'm super thrilled to have something similar (and the tweaks that they've done to mine (& Tom's) with this run are better for me anyway!) These 30th Anniversary models in general blow away all previous CU24s they've ever done. I think every single one of them looks hawt, I think the 85/15s are arguably their crowning achievement in pickup winding and all in all they just really have a mojo that I've never ever felt before with this model, despite it appealing to me on paper and then never really scoring in the flesh. It just doesn't sound like any other CU24 I've ever played, it's got this perfect balance of vintage and modern going on in the tone which between the controls and how you dial in your amp can easily be biased in one direction or another, it's got sustain for weeks and a feel like almost nothing else with that maple neck...

Awesome, I bought it's bench mate in Blood Orange - you'll love it.

Wild West says they got 5 guitars in this wood library run with quilt tops, birdseye necks and African Blackwood boards. Your honey, my blood orange, a killer charcoal (which has sold) a whale blue and a vintage sunburst. I don't know if the last two have already sold, or if they haven't gotten them in yet. I sure would like to get a look at the last two.

Here is your guitar's twin brother if you're interested:
http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthr...range-Quilt-CU24-30th-and-then-there-were-two!

Hey Tom, yes, your thread definitely helped me make this decision in the first place. Love that guitar - I love Blood Orange too as a colour in general. But I love Honey more so all is well with the universe. :)

Thanks all! Off to noodle! :)

Wow - Top, Back, Neck: it's all stunning. Plus those new pickups on what must be the most iconic of PRS models. Great writeup too...Enjoy it!

These 30th Anniversary models in general blow away all previous CU24s they've ever done. I think every single one of them looks hawt, I think the 85/15s are arguably their crowning achievement in pickup winding and all in all they just really have a mojo that I've never ever felt before with this model, despite it appealing to me on paper and then never really scoring in the flesh. It just doesn't sound like any other CU24 I've ever played.

PRS really knocked it out of the park with this model, i agree. My dealer, Jack Gretz, sent me a clip of the guitar when I asked how it sounded, and I couldn't get that tone out of my head for 3 weeks. So I bought it in spite of the fact that it's not a flame top. The thing just sounds great.

200w_d.gif

Last edited:
Don't look now, but Wild West has no. 4 of our nearly identical quintuplets in stock now. Vintage sunburst quilt, birdseye neck, and African Blackwood board. I just wish I could have bought the whole set of five...........

Don't look now, but Wild West has no. 4 of our nearly identical quintuplets in stock now. Vintage sunburst quilt, birdseye neck, and African Blackwood board. I just wish I could have bought the whole set of five...........

Super hawt!!!! They really are all amazing. A great run this one...

I prefer a nice flamed top, but I have a few quilted or curly maple tops that are really beautiful. I think it has a lot to do with what specific guitar the quilt top is on and the color finish. My two favorite curly maple tops of the ones I have are my Schecter C-1 E/A and my G/L ASAT Tribute semi solid Classic Telecaster.

I call them curly maple, whether that is something completely different from quilted maple is something I would not know where to draw the line at. So please accept my description, knowing that we are talking about the same thing, possibly using different words, or maybe my word is out of context. But we all get the main idea of what we are talking about.

Back