NGD - Joined the 594 Club

Another winner! Gorgeous. How’s it sound with the maple fretboard vs. rosewood?

The guitar was definitely brighter than the other ones I played although I have no idea if that has anything to do with the maple or not. There is a level of clarity that really took me by surprise. To be fair I liked the feel so much that it was coming home with me unless it just sounded bad. Clearly that was not the case. I didn't spend a considerable amount of time with any of the other 594s because I liked this one so much. It was the right guitar for me.

I spent a good chunk of my day yesterday comparing my new 594 to some of my other guitars and it was quite educational. It became obvious very quickly why this particular 594 spoke to me. One of the pictures in my OP has my favorite Tele in the background. That guitar is a beast and has set the bar for the tone I look for in a guitar. The 594 is a little less aggressive than my 55 Tele but shares a similar sonic footprint. It's the clarity thing again. There wasn't even a need to change amp or pedal settings.

A couple of other observations in case anyone is curious. This is my first guitar with the newer style 2 piece bridge and for the longest time I just didn't think it looked right. Well it no longer matters because it works so well. It's hard to describe the feel of a bridge but I like it. The volume and tone controls are in the right place for me as well. The bottom line is it's a well thought out guitar that's freakishly good

The guitar was definitely brighter than the other ones I played although I have no idea if that has anything to do with the maple or not. There is a level of clarity that really took me by surprise. To be fair I liked the feel so much that it was coming home with me unless it just sounded bad. Clearly that was not the case. I didn't spend a considerable amount of time with any of the other 594s because I liked this one so much. It was the right guitar for me.

I spent a good chunk of my day yesterday comparing my new 594 to some of my other guitars and it was quite educational. It became obvious very quickly why this particular 594 spoke to me. One of the pictures in my OP has my favorite Tele in the background. That guitar is a beast and has set the bar for the tone I look for in a guitar. The 594 is a little less aggressive than my 55 Tele but shares a similar sonic footprint. It's the clarity thing again. There wasn't even a need to change amp or pedal settings.

A couple of other observations in case anyone is curious. This is my first guitar with the newer style 2 piece bridge and for the longest time I just didn't think it looked right. Well it no longer matters because it works so well. It's hard to describe the feel of a bridge but I like it. The volume and tone controls are in the right place for me as well. The bottom line is it's a well thought out guitar that's freakishly good

I figure the maple board has something to do with it. But it’s hard to measure that stuff. The two-piece is great, makes changing strings a breeze, and FWIW, I think it results on a meatier tone for whatever the reason, perhaps that it’s resonating the guitar body at four places instead of two, perhaps because it’s got more metal vibrating, or both? Again, undoubtedly speculation on my part, and difficult to measure.

Definitely agree. Add in the locking tuners and I can't imagine restringing a guitar being any easier.

Definitely agree. Add in the locking tuners and I can't imagine restringing a guitar being any easier.

The first thing I did when I got it home was put new strings on it. Stupid simple and fast.

I figure the maple board has something to do with it. But it’s hard to measure that stuff. The two-piece is great, makes changing strings a breeze, and FWIW, I think it results on a meatier tone for whatever the reason, perhaps that it’s resonating the guitar body at four places instead of two, perhaps because it’s got more metal vibrating, or both? Again, undoubtedly speculation on my part, and difficult to measure.

It is difficult to measure what any one piece adds to the overall tone so I won't even try to guess. I am interested in playing some of the other variants of the 594 now.

I always enjoy looking at all the NGD posts on here but I don't have a lot of them myself. I'm quite happy with what I already have so I don't do much buying anymore. Sometimes though, you come across a guitar that is just so right that it would be dumb to pass it up. This is one such guitar.

I've played a number of 594s since they were released but the shorter scale was just not something that appealed to me. The only reason I even picked up this guitar off the stand was the somewhat non standard maple neck and fretboard. That's been my preference for years and not all that common on PRS set neck guitars.

So the specs caused me to pick it up but the sound & feel made me buy it. The neck has a satin finish that feels very much like the rosewood neck on my PS CU22. Just a smooth feel with a neck shape that just felt familiar. The only thing I'll say about the sound is lots of clarity with no muddiness. That's a good thing.

Here it is.

GeOPBB8.jpg

33ubSG0.jpg

nbeuMvE.jpg

hgsIwoI.jpg

2a0jErp.jpg
Everything about it is killer, Congrats.

Awesome guitar. Mine has rosewood fretboard and doesn't have a satin finish. Wish I could do a side by side comparison. Enjoy.

I always enjoy looking at all the NGD posts on here but I don't have a lot of them myself. I'm quite happy with what I already have so I don't do much buying anymore. Sometimes though, you come across a guitar that is just so right that it would be dumb to pass it up. This is one such guitar.

I've played a number of 594s since they were released but the shorter scale was just not something that appealed to me. The only reason I even picked up this guitar off the stand was the somewhat non standard maple neck and fretboard. That's been my preference for years and not all that common on PRS set neck guitars.

So the specs caused me to pick it up but the sound & feel made me buy it. The neck has a satin finish that feels very much like the rosewood neck on my PS CU22. Just a smooth feel with a neck shape that just felt familiar. The only thing I'll say about the sound is lots of clarity with no muddiness. That's a good thing.

Here it is.

GeOPBB8.jpg

33ubSG0.jpg

nbeuMvE.jpg

hgsIwoI.jpg

2a0jErp.jpg

I can clearly see this place is going to make my wallet do bad things again. Heh.

I can clearly see this place is going to make my wallet do bad things again. Heh.

You got that right. It gets me even when I don't want anything. At least it was less expensive than the other guitars in the pictures.

Back