NGD - Joined the 594 Club

strat63

The Torture Never Stops
I always enjoy looking at all the NGD posts on here but I don't have a lot of them myself. I'm quite happy with what I already have so I don't do much buying anymore. Sometimes though, you come across a guitar that is just so right that it would be dumb to pass it up. This is one such guitar.

I've played a number of 594s since they were released but the shorter scale was just not something that appealed to me. The only reason I even picked up this guitar off the stand was the somewhat non standard maple neck and fretboard. That's been my preference for years and not all that common on PRS set neck guitars.

So the specs caused me to pick it up but the sound & feel made me buy it. The neck has a satin finish that feels very much like the rosewood neck on my PS CU22. Just a smooth feel with a neck shape that just felt familiar. The only thing I'll say about the sound is lots of clarity with no muddiness. That's a good thing.

Here it is.

GeOPBB8.jpg

33ubSG0.jpg

nbeuMvE.jpg

hgsIwoI.jpg

2a0jErp.jpg

That is a sweet one.

How does the tone compare to the regular 594s you've played?

After I started playing this a bit in the shop, I compared it to a handful of other 594s. It seemed to have more clarity like it had some beefy singe coils instead of humbuckers. My main guitar is a Telecaster so I definitely like single coil tones. This 594 fits right in with my other guitars.

Super cool. Those birds looks great against the maple board.

I am pretty sure that is a guitar I spotted the other day on a retailer's site...and if so, you got a killer deal on a killer guitar.

Back