NGD - JM Silver Star

CVS

Not so new member
I finally took the plunge and purchased one despite the fact that I have a 67 reissue Strat .

Initial observations;
1. I was concerned about the size of the neck and how playable the guitar would be for someone of small stature (me) vs John Mayer who is large in stature (especially hands and fingers). This turned out to be a non issue. The guitar neck feels much better than the one on my 67 Strat and this guitar is much easier to play.
2. The guitar came "gig ready". No adjustments needed. Pick ups are well balanced.
3. Tones are authentic vintage Strat tones! Clean sustain is great.
4. Overall quality level of this guitar is much better than my 67 Strat.
5. I love the tuning pegs and changing strings will be a breeze. Those of you that have Fender guitars with vintage tuning pegs know what I am talking about.

I did buy a hard shell case for the guitar. All of my guitars when not being played go into hard shell cases.

All in all, I am glad I did it (and my wife thinks I am crazy). This guitar is going to be a keeper.
Not sure what I am going to do with my Strat (maybe put on some different pick ups - Seymour Duncan Red Devils perhaps, maybe sell it)

My own pics came out terrible, so I used one Sweetwater sent to me.

0270944-front-xlarge.jpg

This my 6th PRS
That is dayum fine looking!
Congrats on taking the plunge. Mine killed any desire for the F brand type of guitar.[/QUOTE

I am now waiting for the PRS "T" style guitar.....
I now have 6 PRS electric guitars in my stable...& I consider all of them to be "different" in one way or another.
That's my story :D

One other thing I should add. The volume and tone knobs on the guitar are just a bit more difficult to move inadvertently, which is a big plus given my mediocre capability.

Just a quick update - Honeymoon period is over & I still love this guitar for all the reasons listed above. PRS has hit a home run on this one (unfortunately not the Dodgers when it counted :))....Oh, and a minor correction, the Strat that I have is a 65 reissue Strat and not a 67 reissue Strat as mentioned above.

Back