NGD (it's here!) - Cu24 Incoming

The nut was a little tight, so the strings were binding there. I dropped to 9.5 guage strings (GHS Boomers). This helped a lot. I also have a pack of 9.5 PRS strings to try next change.

Three of the 6 bridge screws were slightly too low (E,A,D) vs the other three, with the trem also sitting slightly lower on the low E vs high E. I took the tension out of the strings, removed the springs, and let the bridge drop down off the pivots onto the body. It was pretty clear at that point that the 3 screws were slightly low. A 1/6 turn brought them to the same height as best I can tell as the other 3 screws. Reassembling and tuning back up, the bridge seems to be level now. This seems to have improved the tuning stability when used too - I'm guessing there was a wee bit of binding on the knife edges before.

Those three things seem to have resolved the stability issue for the most part. Still a very slight drift, but markedly better.

Really enjoying this guitar now. I’m not convinced the 85/15 set will stay in there - I’d like something warmer and a little more PAF like, but they are still fun. The guitar really pops in the sun - unusual grain for a 10 top but I love it.

2-C1-F2-ACB-CB54-4-B41-8558-57-C38-D5-BCCEF.jpg

Congrats! Love the charcoal, something classy about it. Glad to hear you've got the setup and issues straightened out. I've had a few guitars that needed a little tweaking after shipping.

That is some killer flame on that git! Congrats and so glad you got the string issue worked out!! My CU24 never had such a problem out of the box, but as we know, each one is unique!!! Enjoy and hope you get many years of pleasure from that beauty!!!!

Really enjoying this guitar now. I’m not convinced the 85/15 set will stay in there - I’d like something warmer and a little more PAF like, but they are still fun. The guitar really pops in the sun - unusual grain for a 10 top but I love it.

2-C1-F2-ACB-CB54-4-B41-8558-57-C38-D5-BCCEF.jpg
I'm a big fan of the 58/15's for the warmth and smoothness, compared to the 85/15's

Back