NGD Incoming

CandidPicker

Tone Matters. Use It Well.
Thanks to a quick Taylor 714ce eBay sale, funds became available for a less expensive, but equally toneful and appointed Yamaha AC3R Concert Acoustic/Electric w/ OHB in mint condition. Apparently a used piece, but nary any cosmetic nor functional issues.

The AC3R is the younger brother to the AC5R, which has nicer rosette and binding, but the AC3R also cost about half as much. Cost-effectiveness was my mindset, not luxury nor beauty.

The AC3R is somewhat of a "plain jane" regards beauty, though the tone and onboard electronics will be the determining factor. The Yamaha SRT2 system uses Neumann and Royer mic models with their electronics, and the results are astounding.

I think this one will be a keeper for some time until GAS strikes again and the one-in-one-out rule will apply once more. And looking forward to hearing this decent example of acoustic pulchritude in a few days.

SPgo8VK.jpg

Last edited:
Well done CP. I take it you decided against one of the well priced PRS acoustics?

My leanings were towards the zircote A60E because of its warmth and balance, but financial need required a less expensive guitar that didn't have all the gorgeous inlay, binding, etc. The ovangkol A40E was on my radar, but the price of the AC3R ARE was decent enough being mint (unplayed) though just NOS. Plus, the guitar back/sides are solid Indian rosewood. The AC3R will allow me to build my outdoor storage shed and hopefully pay car taxes with the remainder this year. Renter's insurance will likely need to be from savings.

Check out the Yamaha's proprietary SRT2 electronics on YT, though. Some exceptional tones with their mic modeling system...

Last edited:
Just breathed a sigh of relief, my Taylor 714ce buyer just responded with within eBay stating the guitar arrived safely today, and meets his expectations.

Both our days just got a little nicer. Am looking forward to the Yamaha AC3R's arrival early Thursday afternoon. One-out-one-in. Off to FedEx's site for shipping updates...

yamaha? taylor? morons!

Like I said, my Taylor was getting a little long in the tooth, and I needed some cash to defray some expenses. A PRS A60E was considered, but it was determined that the upfront cost would have taken a bite out of my sales profits that would have been used to pay bills. A less ornate (and more modest cost) Yamaha AC3R was selected.

This, of course, will not drawn anyone of PRS persuasion and/or infatuation to the yard. The Yamaha is merely fulfilling an immediate need. Not something to be ooh'd and aah'd over.

Thanks for your perseverance and undying love for guitars.

Well.... I guess this thread is a slightly better idea than me trying to pick up girls in a lesbian bar...

Good luck with that, Serg...FTR, my success rate of doing what you're trying is 100%....unsuccessful....and I can see with either eye partially closed, or looking at a blonde I'm trying to explain something to. ;)

Though I'm not there for that. Just to jam on a couple songs at an open-mic, and perhaps sip a glass of porter or Merlot...

Anyhoo, here's some pics of the arrival:

4UXagW3.jpg

Sdsepep.jpg

msirG2E.jpg

Remember, even this world is home to folks who are visually impaired. Let's not go there, and it won't be necessary to question my ears' or eyes' ability.

FTR, what are you looking at just now, jxe? And P.S., stop that! o_O Otherwise those melons will speak back to you...

i’m looking at esteban guitars on the home shopping network. i don’t think he’s blind, just famous.

Remember, even this world is home to folks who are visually impaired. Let's not go there, and it won't be necessary to question my ears' or eyes' ability.

FTR, what are you looking at just now, jxe? And P.S., stop that! o_O

Back