NGD - Incoming

srmd22

index.php
index.php

This was a torturous process, took me awhile to decide on a 408, and then there were (are) a lot of choices at a wide variety of price points available, with lots of different appearances/tops, and some different specs. This checked the boxes - pattern neck, on the lighter side of the spectrum. I was not sure whether to go with the plain top or the typical flamey PRS thing, and there is also a very nice platinum silver top with a natural back available. Was a tough choice, but I am happy. Hope it lives up to my expectations when I receive it! I still want another Cu24 or more likely 2408. I have had a couple of nice Cu24s (amongst other models) and I miss them.

simply stunning!
i'm not a black guitar person, but that is perhaps the nicest I"ve seen.

i like the different sized bobbins, like a sorcerer’s apprentice reference. thumbs up!

(is the neck satin or what?)

Just to update - got the guitar about a couple of weeks ago now, and had a chance to play it at a few rehearsals. I think this is going to be my favorite one so far in terms of sound. This is in comparison to previous PRS I have owned over the years, including a McCarty with 57/08's, a PS McCarty thickness Cu24 with 53/10's, a McCarty with narrowfields, a Cu24 with VB/HFS that I hated the pups and switched for Wolfetones, and then loved the guitar, and a SC I had for a week, but didn't like. With the exception of the last, all were superb, and sounded fantastic. I would not say this one sounds better, but it suits me a little better, mostly because the addition of the tapped single coil tones, particularly the neck pick up, is so good, and so useful to me. I have a few gigs next month, so I am excited to get her on a stage. I am so pleased with the switching system, I am going to order up a 24-08 with the 58/15's, for some variety.

One thing that irritates me as the guitars weight was not listed accurately, and it is a few ounces more then I expected. Still perfectly acceptable at just below 8lbs, but that bugs me - a few ounces matters to me once I get past the >7.5 range; I notice it during a 3 hour session or gig. (Which doesn't stop me from taking out my '72 Norlin era LP BB on occasion, which is 9.5lb, svelte for a 70's les paul custom).

index.php

index.php

I hear you on the weight sensitivity - I have a herniated disc and weight HAS TO BE ~8lbs or less. I sold some guitars I really loved because the weight was 9lbs or more. Makes a big difference after playing!

Congrats on finding a guitar that works well for you!

Back