NGD... I'm back in the PRS fam

Welcome back, the guitar’s sweet!

Under my interpretation of The Law Of Guitar, you have been given implied consent to buy the second one.

The Law Of Guitar States in Section One, Subsection 2(c):

“Any approval by the spouse or significant other to the acquisition, tone, or appearance of a guitar implies consent to the acquisition of a second, similar guitar.”

Note that if the guitar is acquired pursuant to Subsection 4(n), otherwise known as the statute of limitations, no approval whatsoever is needed:

“Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in this Section, in the event that the guitar buyer acquires a new guitar and brings it into the dwelling or studio unnoticed by the spouse or significant other for more than 48 hours, the guitar buyer is entitled to lawfully state, “It’s not new, I’ve had it for a while,” to the said spouse or significant other.”

Subsection 4(s), known as the ‘supplemental limitations period’, provides that the guitar buyer can lawfully state, “No, I’ve had this one for a long time” after it has remained unnoticed for 72 hours.

There is no requirement that the guitar must be left in plain sight. It’s legal to leave it in a closet for the time periods to run.

Incidentally, these laws are federal, and preempt any state laws. Moreover, they have been incorporated in international treaties in every country in the world as of 1973’s Burnout Convention.

The International Order Of Spouses And Significant Others has been trying, unsuccessfully, to repeal the law and withdraw from the treaty since 1995, but there is very little support in Congress for their proposals.

Last edited:

Under my interpretation of The Law Of Guitar, you have been given implied consent to buy the second one.

“Any approval by the spouse or significant other to the acquisition, tone, or appearance of a guitar implies consent to the acquisition of a second, similar guitar.”

Note that if the guitar is acquired pursuant to Subsection 4(n), otherwise known as the statute of limitations, no approval whatsoever is needed:

“Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in this Section, in the event that the guitar buyer acquires a new guitar and brings it into the dwelling or studio unnoticed by the spouse or significant other for more than 48 hours, the guitar buyer is entitled to lawfully state, “It’s not new, I’ve had it for a while,” to the said spouse or significant other.”

Subsection 4(s), known as the ‘supplemental limitations period’, provides that the guitar buyer can lawfully state, “No, I’ve had this one for a long time” after it has remained unnoticed for 72 hours.

There is no requirement that the guitar must be left in plain sight. It’s legal to leave it in a closet for the time periods to run.

Incidentally, these laws are federal, and preempt any state laws. Moreover, they have been incorporated in international treaties in every country in the world as of 1973’s Burnout Convention.

The International Order Of Spouses And Significant Others has been trying, unsuccessfully, to repeal the law and withdraw from the treaty since 1995, but there is very little support in Congress for their proposals.

HA! I fully endorse this interpretation.

Back