NGD: I'm a bit in awe...

jlf599

So this is easily the most expensive guitar I've purchased ever, but holy crap does it feel good to play. Lightly used Private Stock Paul's Guitar. I've been watching it and finally made a deal.

I think I'm in love. :)

sq8KCti.jpg

DxqNVaK.jpg

aLBhFSM.jpg

It's going to take a little tweaking. It's currently set for an Axis SuperSport and Luke III but initial tests have been very, very pleasing. The pickups in this guitar are an entirely different beast. I'm liking it.
Not to hijack, but how do you like that SS? I have a regular Axis and LOVE it. Tried twice to trade for a Super Sport but haven't made a deal yet.

Not to hijack, but how do you like that SS? I have a regular Axis and LOVE it. Tried twice to trade for a Super Sport but haven't made a deal yet.
I love my SuperSport. I've had an Axis, an Axis EX, and a couple of supersports and I love the feel of them all. The pickups are likely my favorite humbuckers around. I did determine that I'm just not a Floyd guy, no matter how many times I try, and got rid of my regular Axis and EX models. :)

I know it might be blasphemy here, but there's nothing like the EBMM neck finish. It's why I will eventually find a torrefied or satin finished neck PRS. :)

Though the neck on both this and the Custom 22 Semi-Hollow I have both feel great.

I love my SuperSport. I've had an Axis, an Axis EX, and a couple of supersports and I love the feel of them all. The pickups are likely my favorite humbuckers around. I did determine that I'm just not a Floyd guy, no matter how many times I try,
The pickups are GREAT and it's a GREAT sounding guitar. I have that SS vibrato on my JP12 and really like it there, enough to make me think that that vibrato and the different pickup switching options make it enough different to warrant owning one. Not that I'm getting rid of my regular one. No way! That's my VH guitar now!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!! I don’t know how you could find a more beautiful guitar! Unless it was RED of course… ;). Outstanding score and CONGRATS!!!

EDIT>>> is that your first PRS?

I've owned a bunch over the years, but nothing stuck...a couple of CE22s, a couple of Custom 22s, a Custom 24, several HBIIs...

I finally ended up with a Custom 22 Semi Hollow Wood Library in a great buy a few months back that has my attention...and now this PS Paul's Guitar. I'll have to get a new group photo soon. :)

Back