NGD....I wasn't at Exp, but..........

Funk is good. This funk was bad!
Sorry bro...those kinda funks blow! If your ever in one, just remember...it could be worse...its all about perspective...ya know....like having more metal in you than a Honda Civic, or being married to a redhead that beats you up, or waking up and only having one PRS...damn, I just realized something..now I'm in a funk...keep your chin up dude!

How’s that “sleekit” little NF pickup sounding for you?

Would love to hear a tone clip? Please ;)

Ok, here's a tip. You're not going to like this tip at first because... well, you are the only man in history to play an Archon with the gain all the way up. And I thought I WAS a headbanger! So this will go against the grain a bit. Here goes:

Turn the Archon gain WAY WAY down. Like 7:30 down. MAYBE a little closer to 8:00 but try 7:30. Turn the output up some of course. 10:00 if you can get away with it. Bright on, B-12:00, M-10:00, T-1:00, D-10:00 P-2:00, maybe 1:00. Try that and let me know what you think. Should be killer with that new semi. You can go to 8:00 or maybe 8:30 if those pickups are much lower output than mine (57/08s) But keep the gain down. Should be classic crunch tones and FAT with the semi. Let me know what you think. And, don't judge it if you can't open the amp up at least a little. Bedroom volumes might be cool but try it with a little volume and see what you think.

Ok, here's a tip. You're not going to like this tip at first because... well, you are the only man in history to play an Archon with the gain all the way up. And I thought I WAS a headbanger! So this will go against the grain a bit. Here goes:

Turn the Archon gain WAY WAY down. Like 7:30 down. MAYBE a little closer to 8:00 but try 7:30. Turn the output up some of course. 10:00 if you can get away with it. Bright on, B-12:00, M-10:00, T-1:00, D-10:00 P-2:00, maybe 1:00. Try that and let me know what you think. Should be killer with that new semi. You can go to 8:00 or maybe 8:30 if those pickups are much lower output than mine (57/08s) But keep the gain down. Should be classic crunch tones and FAT with the semi. Let me know what you think. And, don't judge it if you can't open the amp up at least a little. Bedroom volumes might be cool but try it with a little volume and see what you think.

I shall try at some point this weekend and report my findings! Thanks for the tip!

So I got my mits on this guitar today :)

First - It is KILLER looking in person never thought I would like this color but I was wrong just stunning !!!

Tone - Lots of subtle differences between all the setting ( shades I would say ) like the 513 and the 408 there is not a HUGE difference when going from tapped to HB, hints of lots of different instruments, found myself going back to tapped humbucker and NF ( 2 and 4 ) a lot very unique tone that I really dug.

Overall - Like I thought this guitar is 100% in my wheelhouse Pattern Neck , CU22 the semi hollow and the NF pickup and the mini switches just make it more interesting, It would look good on my wall .
Thanks Jim FUN DAY !!!!!

Overall - Like I thought this guitar is 100% in my wheelhouse Pattern Neck , CU22 the semi hollow and the NF pickup and the mini switches just make it more interesting, It would look good on my wall .
Thanks Jim FUN DAY !!!!!
Congrats on your new axe & nice review! But I think it will look better under your fingers than on your wall.;)

So I got my mits on this guitar today :)

First - It is KILLER looking in person never thought I would like this color but I was wrong just stunning !!!

Tone - Lots of subtle differences between all the setting ( shades I would say ) like the 513 and the 408 there is not a HUGE difference when going from tapped to HB, hints of lots of different instruments, found myself going back to tapped humbucker and NF ( 2 and 4 ) a lot very unique tone that I really dug.

Thanks Jim FUN DAY !!!!!

Glad I could make it. Wish I could have hung out longer! Always good to get together.

Congrats on your new axe & nice review! But I think it will look better under your fingers than on your wall.;)

Whoa, whoa, whoa.......let's not get carried away! I just let him and BrianC play it. I brought it back home, and put it back on my wall! :)

Back