NGD: I was, was not, was, then did. I mean…It’s Joe freakin’ Walsh.

Oops

Yeah, that's a good point.

Also, lets not forget the one that Hans ordered. That's 4 you have to get all sticky.
Meanwhile, Bob, Scott and I will tell stories about how we’d like to get together some time with the guys from the forum. Or, you know, like somebody.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, what a gorgeous top!! Super cool guitar. First time I've heard PRS using stainless frets. How do you like them? I owned a Suhr a few years ago. They feel amazing, but sound weird to me.

I was intrigued: 200 ain’t many, and less than half to the US; stainless frets; and the SC 594 is my favorite PRS model. Then I saw the display model and was less enthused by the maple in the car top. Then I saw a few of the early arrivals (like brother Tosca’s) and came to the conclusion that PRS was being conservative with the display model. And, in the end….It’s Joe Walsh. So, I said, “Do it!”

I did it.

I finally got released from my sling yesterday and was able to play this a bit. What a great instrument. I’ve never had a better fretting guitar, it’s very light weight, and sounds really good. And it has a “classic” beauty. Thumbs up.

My goodness! It's gorgeous.

I’ve been out of my sling for 4 days now, and I get more range of motion with each. I’ve been able to start playing some again, and that includes my Walsh Ltd. This is a bold statement, but I have never played a more comfortable guitar than this one. The action is really low without any buzz. I honestly don’t know if the stainless frets contribute to this feeling, but they certainly aren’t a negative to this great feel. Mine is also very light; I don’t know if I got lucky or if they’re all this way. I haven’t weighed it yet, but it has to be under 8 lbs.

It has my favorite PRS neck profile, too. It feels like the newer (‘13+) LP R9 necks, which I personally think are the most comfortable ever.

Hans, who influenced me to get one of these, and I have discussed this model quite a lot. This model, in addition to being a single cut 594, especially seems to be influenced by an R9, of which I am a big fan.

Gents, this is a great guitar, and if you get one, you will not be disappointed. I plan on trying to wear those SS frets out. ;)

Last edited:
Back