NGD! I may have gone Vela happy....

Congratulations on your new Vela Semi-Hollow. An astonishing guitar to say the least. I very much look forward to reading your impressions on solid-body verses the semi-hollow versions. I just signed up here to offer congrats and follow this thread. I'm curious about the Solid Body, now. I got my green semi-hollow yesterday. She's a raunchy one. A dirty little tart.

Welcome to the forum :). Congrats on the green semi, and yeah, they do the raunchy thing really well. This thread is a couple months old now, so I can say that the solid vs semi thing is subtle. Solid has a bit more bite and twang, the semi is a bit more lush and chimey. This week the semi is my go-to, it's likely to change again next week.

Welcome to the forum :). Congrats on the green semi, and yeah, they do the raunchy thing really well. This thread is a couple months old now, so I can say that the solid vs semi thing is subtle. Solid has a bit more bite and twang, the semi is a bit more lush and chimey. This week the semi is my go-to, it's likely to change again next week.
Thanks for sharing your solid to semi version comparison thoughts. I can easily see either one of them being that every day guitar. My 'semi is like having a sports-car that's as comfy as a town-car.

Thanks for sharing your solid to semi version comparison thoughts. I can easily see either one of them being that every day guitar. My 'semi is like having a sports-car that's as comfy as a town-car.

Great description!

Back