NGD! I may have gone Vela happy....

YES. Vela semi-hollow = a good thing. Awesome vibe.

...I can't help but notice, those knobs on the blue one aren't what I'd expect (at least, they don't appear to be the newer "lampshade" knobs--they look more like the older "speed" knobs). Any story there?

YES. Vela semi-hollow = a good thing. Awesome vibe.

...I can't help but notice, those knobs on the blue one aren't what I'd expect (at least, they don't appear to be the newer "lampshade" knobs--they look more like the older "speed" knobs). Any story there?

I'm assuming the previous owner swapped the knobs. I was thinking I'd buy some lampshades, but I really like the feel of the speed knobs - may even swap out the lampshades on my black one.

Love it. I'd love to see some of these without pickguards...but they are some of the best looking PRS's to me currently. The "budget" models have everything I want...satin, no birds, etc LOL

Your consistent praise of the Vela pushed me to demo a vela today. Man what a sweeeet guitar! It was all I could do to not walk away with it. Congrats again on great choice!!!

Congratulations on your new Vela Semi-Hollow. An astonishing guitar to say the least. I very much look forward to reading your impressions on solid-body verses the semi-hollow versions. I just signed up here to offer congrats and follow this thread. I'm curious about the Solid Body, now. I got my green semi-hollow yesterday. She's a raunchy one. A dirty little tart.

Back