NGD! I may have gone Vela happy....

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
Well, the black Vela solidbody has impressed me so much that a companion was needed - so my beloved Mira has been displaced, and sold, to fund a Vela Semi-Hollow. She arrived during band practice tonight, so got to play a couple songs with the full band right after unpacking. I am pleased - needs some setup tweaks, currently has more neck relief than I like, but sounds great. Will need to play more to figure how to describe the difference in tone between the Solid and the Semi - definitely in the same camp, my initial impression is that the Semi has a touch more chime. Weighs in at the same weight, exactly 6 pounds, so my back remains thrilled with both of them :).

On to some pics...

velasemi1.jpg

velasemi2.jpg

velas.jpg

I have a few S2s one of them being a Mira...but after looking around for a few months and buying and returning/selling a few guitars Im thinking that the Vela might be the ticket and possibly my next guitar....enjoy and play the heck out of it!

You’ve outdone yourself. Like it better than the first one!

Congrats it looks sweet!!! Nice you got to play it with the band that's a good test of its mettle.

Did you tell anyone or just walk in with the new axe?

Practice is at my house, and the guitar arrived late - the guys knew I was waiting on UPS because I didn't want to leave it on the porch. We finished a song and my dogs started going nuts upstairs, so I knew UPS had just been on the front porch - ran up, grabbed it, unboxed, came back downstairs and tuned, then let her rip. Interesting way to get my first impression of a guitar, but I liked it!!

Back