NGD - I finally got ONE

Ovibos

Naughty Wood Librarian
I got a good deal on an OG near mint SE One Korina with moons!

It's easy to see where the three body pieces are joined, but it doesn't matter 'cos it's pure rawk. Not a featherweight, but on the lighter side. Some scratching on the pickguard but that's whatever.

I alluded to this in another thread, but the bridge needs some love - locking studs showing up soon, and I may have to raid @sergiodeblanc 's wraptail stash if that doesn't work out.

I tried the stock P-90 a bit - sounds nice but hates the lighting/electric in the old house - and I've got a Mojotone '56 Quiet Coil P-90 arriving this week. Since that's technically a humbucker, they recommend a 500k volume pot so I'm gonna pick up a CTS for that.

She's also getting a unique custom made trussrod cover from WECInlay. Details to come...

There's a photo below of most of the family on the StringSwing rack I installed last weekend. The SE Singlecut on the left doesn't get any playtime so I'm trying to find it a new home (modded the crap out of it, so might be tough).

3eQluxM.jpg

pvDVpu0.jpg

0t1GZZw.jpg

I got a good deal on an OG near mint SE One Korina with moons!

It's easy to see where the three body pieces are joined, but it doesn't matter 'cos it's pure rawk. Not a featherweight, but on the lighter side. Some scratching on the pickguard but that's whatever.

I alluded to this in another thread, but the bridge needs some love - locking studs showing up soon, and I may have to raid @sergiodeblanc 's wraptail stash if that doesn't work out.

I tried the stock P-90 a bit - sounds nice but hates the lighting/electric in the old house - and I've got a Mojotone '56 Quiet Coil P-90 arriving this week. Since that's technically a humbucker, they recommend a 500k volume pot so I'm gonna pick up a CTS for that.

She's also getting a unique custom made trussrod cover from WECInlay. Details to come...

There's a photo below of most of the family on the StringSwing rack I installed last weekend. The SE Singlecut on the left doesn't get any playtime so I'm trying to find it a new home (modded the crap out of it, so might be tough).

3eQluxM.jpg

pvDVpu0.jpg

0t1GZZw.jpg

Sweeeeet.

I've seen good things about the Mojotone pickup. P-90's typically use 500k pots anyway, but with the lack of tone control, if you find it too bright you can either tone it down with a resistor or you can go for a 250k pot instead.

Sweeeeet.

I've seen good things about the Mojotone pickup. P-90's typically use 500k pots anyway, but with the lack of tone control, if you find it too bright you can either tone it down with a resistor or you can go for a 250k pot instead.
Yeah, I just figured with how simple the electronics are I might as well spend a couple bucks on a higher quality pot since it won't really complicate the soldering work much.

Back