NGD (I assume that means New Guitar Day) - Now with images AND first impressions.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. (I guess I should pass them along to the people who made it?) Anyhow...quick thoughts on the new toy:

Disclaimer: I am semi-new to the world of electric guitars so view my praise through that filter.

Initial reaction review:

After 3ish days: This thing is amazing. I love it.

First: IT. WEIGHS. NOTHING. (Less than 6lbs) My back is so happy. Like playing an acoustic.

Next: The pickups. So many options and good sound comes from every one of them. I love my old G&L too but sometimes I have to wrestle with it a bit to find a tone I like. No such issues with this so far. Plug it in and it sounds fantastic* Capable of twang, blues, rock and if you put enough gain in my amp and pedal some metal. And even cranking the tone down to next to nothing it maintained clarity. (Old guitar got muddy sounding real quick) Going to take a long time before I get bored.

Third: Really easy to play. Took almost no time to get comfortable with it. One of my biggest concerns before it showed up was the neck finish. I find some can feel sticky. I don't really sweat sitting in my living room but on some guitars my hands get clammy and moving up and down can be a chore. No such issues here. In fact I had to adjust because I was overshooting due to lack of resistance when my hand moved.

Other: No sharp frets, no dings. The paint has a bit more sparkle than what can bee seen in the Sweetwater pics. This is good. The guitar is gorgeous. No trouble staying in tune so far.

A couple negatives/things I may change.

Negative: Really making me see the flaws in my G&L. That's it so far.
Potential change: May swap the bridge studs for the gold ones. Think they would look better next to the brass saddles.

*Rest of the rig in image. EQD Plumes>EQD Avalanche Run>Orange Crush 35RT

Cheers!
3Ufxsoh.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. (I guess I should pass them along to the people who made it?) Anyhow...quick thoughts on the new toy:

Disclaimer: I am semi-new to the world of electric guitars so view my praise through that filter.

Initial reaction review:

First: IT. WEIGHS. NOTHING. (Less than 6lbs) My back is so happy. Like playing an acoustic.

Next: The pickups. So many options and good sound comes from every one of them. I love my old G&L too but sometimes I have to wrestle with it a bit to find a tone I like. No such issues with this so far. Plug it in and it sounds fantastic* Capable of twang, blues, rock and if you put enough gain in my amp and pedal some metal. And even cranking the tone down to next to nothing it maintained clarity. (Old guitar got muddy sounding real quick) Going to take a long time before I get bored.

Third: Really easy to play. Took almost no time to get comfortable with it. One of my biggest concerns before it showed up was the neck finish. I find some can feel sticky. I don't really sweat sitting in my living room but on some guitars my hands get clammy and moving up and down can be a chore. No such issues here. In fact I had to adjust because I was overshooting due to lack of resistance when my hand moved.

Other: No sharp frets, no dings. The paint has a bit more sparkle than what can bee seen in the Sweetwater pics. This is good. The guitar is gorgeous. No trouble staying in tune so far.

Negative: Really making me see the flaws in my G&L. Thats it so far.
Potential change: May swap the bridge studs for the gold ones. Think they would look better next to the brass saddles.

Congrats and welcome to the Enabler's Club! You got it in the best color!

What's the next PRSi???

Sweet top!
Well I was torn between the Mira and SE Hollowbody. Very similar to the one in a post by Sai. (NGD x2 Finally got my McCarty) I figure I will get the itch on that one again at some point.

Initial reaction review:

Negative: Really making me see the flaws in my G&L. Thats it so far.

If you change the studs, get locking ones. Schroeders are my favorites.

Back