NGD - Howard Leese golden eagle - Number 42

darkmavis

Well i posted a teaser a few days ago about my latest acquisition and here she is! Heres a little bity about them if someone is wondering The Howard Leese Limited Private Stock Golden Eagle Electric Guitar is identical to the instrument that Paul Reed Smith built for Howard in the early 1980s, which was the first PRS to have a maple top. This is a limited run of 100 guitars. Features unique to the Howard Leese Gold Eagle include a thicker mahogany body, a wide-fat neck profile with a modified heel, a pre-factory Santana headstock shape, an ebony headstock veneer, and a vintage amber finish. Appointments include a curly maple top, bird fingerboard inlays, green abalone strips running parallel between the two Howard Leese Zebra pickups, crème pickup rings, and amber top hat style control knobs. Ive tried to keep the photos as 'vintage' like as possible.
Anyways, hope you enjoy her!

I've gotten down and dirty with one of those, more than a couple of times. Mega-love those.

Fantastic guitar, congrats on a great score, and welcome to the club. (I have #88 myself)

Going by the tarnishing on the bridge, that's been played a bit too, which is as it should be. Love the flame on it too.

Is it possible to elaborate how much it departs tone wise from the Santana format?
How hot the pickups are? how different the circuitry is?

Back