NGD Hollowbody II - on the slippery slope

Niceeeee! Congratulation!

If I ever find a non-PS one like that (Black Gold Burst with the faux binding), I will buy in a heartbeat.

Huge congrats. I love that particular finish too.

After the good fortune of my first PRS this year, a 30th Cus24, I've been over the top enamored with this company. This model has been my lust after next guitar since the Cus24 found its way to me. Hopefully soon! Enjoy.

Well, I plugged it in last night, after dropping the bridge right down. Sensational action and such a comfy neck. I split it between a Friedman Brown Eye and an AER compact 60 and I just fell even deeper in love with playing the guitar. I promised my partner is try it for 10 mins and 90 mins later she came to find me! The sounds are amazing and different to my other guitars. It's also loud enough acoustically to take with me when I'm travelling. I think I hit the jackpot with this one.

It comes with 11-49 and a wound 3rd string. I'm likely to switch to 10-46 standard strings. Anyone do this too and did you have to change the neck relief at all?

It comes with 11-49 and a wound 3rd string. I'm likely to switch to 10-46 standard strings. Anyone do this too and did you have to change the neck relief at all?

PRS recommends 11s with wound G on their HBs, I assume for tonal quality when playing unplugged or perhaps to give the best tonal quality for the piezo. Although the P22s/P24s (and I assume the P245s) ship with 10s. :dontknow:

I _think_ I have 10-46 on my HB right now. it certainly works fine with those, just not quite as loud unplugged, but a little easier on the fingers. I used 11-49s originally, with wound 3rd (G), swapped down to the 10-46s to see if I liked it, but I might have swapped back up to more closely match the acoustic I often play too (with 12-53s on it, IIRC). OTOH, my P24 came with 10s, and I might have left the HB with 10s to be consistent with that.

I should measure them, or at least inspect for a wound-3rd...

Congratulations. I am sure you will like you new guitar. Both the piezo and electric tones are fantastic. I run the piezo through a Fishman Loudbox Artist and the electric through a number of different sized Fender amps (I have never played through a PRS amp :bawling:). I hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

It's also loud enough acoustically to take with me when I'm travelling. I think I hit the jackpot with this one.
It is a great travel guitar and I find it loud enough acoustically to play in a hotel room. I also take a pedal sized box I can play through headphones. Yes you hit the jackpot.

I have one strung with each of those and I don't find the 11-49 any more demanding to play on the hollow body. I think I like the 11-49 a bit better on this guitar, but that is a personal preference.

When you get a chance, play the electronics through your main amp and the piezo through an acoustic amp or PA.

I switched out the wound G string because I could not bend the wound G string up a whole step without my fingers cramping. Problem solved. Piezo will sound better with the 11-49's (IMHO)

Another evening with this glorious guitar. I decided to change the strings to 10's and, as you all predicted, there is a loss of 'voice' with the Piezo and acoustically it's not as vibrant. TBH, I didn't even realise it had 11's on it, when it came. Therefore, I'm going to switch back to 11's, but without the wound G string.

Oh, and the 57/08s sound amazing. They have a different voice in this guitar to the 57/08s in my PS SC, but I also think they are wound slightly differently.

Back