NGD Hollowbody II - on the slippery slope

Rocky2013

Well, after my first PRS (PS Single Cut McCarty Glow) back in May, I've been converted to PRS. I've always wanted a guitar that looked like a 'classical' orchestral instrument. This arrived yesterday...

Absolutely love it and haven't even had a chance to plug it in to an amp yet! I love my action to be low and I just keep dropping the bridge and still no fret buzz. An incredible neck and mellow unamplified sound. I reckon I'm going to chill with this, well into old age!

Duuuude welcome to the club! The HB II is easily my favorite guitar in existence. I love the color of yours! I would rock that for sure.

FWIW, I have the bridge dropped all the way down, with the neck dead straight, and the action is perfect! Almost zero buzz. I say almost because some may feel like it buzzes a bit but I like my guitars setup that way.

Congrats! Oh and another thing, if you play it a ton, which you will, expect to the change the 9-volt battery every 9 months or so. Got my HB in December and just had to change it the other day.

That is one pretty fiddle...bet you'll be even happier once you plug her in! Congrats!

Congrats on a sweet guitar acquisition. Remember to pull the guitar cable from the output when not in use as failure to do so will drain the battery.

Niiiice! Black Gold Wrap, right? That would be the same as my P24.

I love my HB (a Spruce-top variant, with Archtop pups), and have a huge hankering for a HBII (maple top and back with more modern pups), probably in a green or blue color. Sigh, next year or the year after perhaps, to scratch that itch - too many other itches need scratching first...

Thanks folks. Yes, it's a black gold wrap and I bought it from 'Wildwire' up in N.Yorkshire.

Thanks also for your advice on the battery life. You are a helpful, friend group!

It looks like it has scraped binding. I thought only black gold PS guitars got the scraped binding treatment. Either way, awesome guitar. Congrats.

Yes it has the scraped binding...no idea how. The top is fabulous, for a standard one, too. Just got lucky, I guess!

Beautiful piece, you'll still have fun with your solid bodies but this should become your #1.

Back