NGD Holcomb style 594?

kes7u

Wife's husband and Dog's dad
Just wanted to share my new acquisition!

I am a big fan of Mark Holcomb and his playing style. I love his PRS guitars, but they are not QUITE exactly what I am into. Thus, I decided to create an homage to the PRS Holcomb, but in 594DC style!

I love so many things about this guitar, and I really think it is my overall favorite looking. The flame came out so much better in the finished product than in the wood selection process. I was a bit worried. The satin finish looks perfect. I'm not sure it really comes out in the pictures, but the smoked chrome hardware is wicked! You owe it to yourself to see it in person if you are considering speccing a PS. I wasn't sure exactly what mix of materials to use for the inlays, but PRS and Brian were very helpful. I hope to get a chance to play it quite a bit this weekend!

The last picture shows the guitar as it is now, with a set of the numbered Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Holcomb pickups that Brian and crew were kind enough to install for me. I ordered the guitar with a set of Dragon 1 pickups. They are currently en route to be installed on another guitar I bought. Another NGD will be forthcoming.

Enjoy!!
Kevin

knbwSBd.jpg
j1MSji2.jpg
R61JMKJ.jpg
zM2VEZ0.jpg
uE3AxRo.jpg
HpniwgH.jpg

Whut now?

So it's got the electronics of the 594, but the finish and pickups of the Holcomb? What's the neck carve? Radius? Scale length?

(strokes chin) Very interesting!

Nah. Nothing that special here. Just think of it as a DC594 dressed up for Halloween as a Holcomb!!

A metal-purposed 594 would my grail of grails, so please know I'm both insanely jealous and tremendously happy for you. Honestly, I think that's one of the nicest builds I've ever seen... the options and choices just gel spectacularly. And it's fresh as eff!

Nah. Nothing that special here. Just think of it as a DC594 dressed up for Halloween as a Holcomb!!
No, that's cool, a lot of people like the 594 neck...I mean, that's its big selling point. Ain't nuthin' wrong with that.

PS I love the Holcomb "brisket" finish, I really regret not getting in on the limited core run when they were available.

Back