NGD - he did what?

The Fight

Long Hair Demigod
I've always wanted to learn how to install my own floyds without the help of luthiers. True it would have been a good idea to pay a professional do it but seeing that it was a bit expensive and I really, really wanted to learn how to do it myself. So I taped it up, took all the measurements and precautions to make this work and routed the guitar myself.

With a lot of hard work and a bit of luck, I am very pleased to say that my first floyd rose install went very well. :cool:

Mlpe390.jpg

You have the stones. Never, in a million years, would I do that. As a matter of fact, I would only trust one luthier to do it. He used to work for PRS.

I like your level of commitment.

Thank you sir! Also a bit of a confidence boost for the next project.

You have the stones. Never, in a million years, would I do that. As a matter of fact, I would only trust one luthier to do it. He used to work for PRS.

It was very scary, I was double checking everything. I'd get up in the middle of the night and check my measurements, I'd remember something and go measure again. It was actually a bit nerve racking.
I originally wanted my luthier to do it but he moved to California, leaving it in my own hands and though I did consider the PTC team, it was not in my budget.

Back