NGD. HBTM. PS COCO #1

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
I got myself a late birthday present yesterday. I was actually with the original owner almost 10 years ago, who happens to live 18 miles north of me, when he picked out the materials in the vault for “cocobolo #1” (as stated on the PS certificate). This top came from the first few billets of cocobolo PRS ever had available. So, I’ve had my eyes and ears and hands off and on this guitar since 2011, the year of her birth.

This SC 245 has an obeche back which helps keep this pristine guitar just over 7 pounds, a remarkable feat considering the density of the top. It also has woolly mammoth ivory birds which are now an option from the past. And to top it off, she sports 59/09 pups, which are my favorite PRS pups.

So.......let’s see what she looks like. Drum roll please.

Last edited:
Wow! That's a stunner!

So. Much. Coco. Bolo.

Nice add to the collection, sir!

Great top. And precious mammoth invory has gone extinct a second time!

I got myself a late birthday present yesterday. I was actually with the original owner almost 10 years ago, who happens to live 18 miles north of me, when he picked out the materials in the vault for “cocobolo #1” (as stated on the PS certificate). This top came from the first few billets of cocobolo PRS ever had available. So, I’ve had my eyes and ears and hands off and on this guitar since 2011, the year of her birth.

This SC 245 has an obeche back which helps keep this pristine guitar just over 7 pounds, a remarkable feat considering the density of the top. It also has woolly mammoth ivory birds which are now an option from the past. And to top it off, she sports 59/09 pups, which are my favorite PRS pups.

So.......let’s see what she looks like. Drum roll please.

You don’t f around

Back