NGD - Goldtop baby!

Beautiful, and even a flame maple cap, given the faux binding. That is a very pretty guitar!

Edit: 1994: I thought they used alder then and the one piece trem???

Beautiful, and even a flame maple cap, given the faux binding. That is a very pretty guitar!

Edit: 1994: I thought they used alder then and the one piece trem???
That is correct. The trem was certainly swapped for a newer one at some point. I have an OG milcom trem kicking around, it might end up in here if I get bored one day.

As for the Alder Vs Mahogany side of things, I’m with you. I thought all pre-1995 CEs were alder. This looks like mahogany to me, but I’m no expert.

h7QAw4g.jpg

That looks amazing. Congrats, I think the CE line is the sleeper guitar in the PRS line up. I have one and my Son has one and we love them.

Winning!

Definitely a mahogany back. And three pieces, very interesting. Haven't seen that before.

It could be a late '94 and therefore part of the transition to mahogany. PRS Year Identification puts '94 CE guitars in the range of 8821 - 10700, so especially if your SN is on the higher end of that range it could be a '95 spec guitar.

That's also around the time they transitioned from the 1-piece to 2-piece bridge, so that may well be the original unit.

You got the small heel, though.

Winning!

Definitely a mahogany back. And three pieces, very interesting. Haven't seen that before.

It could be a late '94 and therefore part of the transition to mahogany. PRS Year Identification puts '94 CE guitars in the range of 8821 - 10700, so especially if your SN is on the higher end of that range it could be a '95 spec guitar.

That's also around the time they transitioned from the 1-piece to 2-piece bridge, so that may well be the original unit.

You got the small heel, though.
479507 is the serial, so right in the middle I suppose?

Love it. I own a very similar CE ('95). I prefer the vintage Gold to the newer hue. Great score.

Back