NGD Golden Mesa Silver Sky

Opienor

Greetings!

New to the forum and new to PRS. I hadn´t even touched a PRS guitar until this morning:) Being a huge John Mayer fan I finally pulled the trigger and got a Silver Sky in Golden Mesa, Rosewood fingerboard.
I must say I´m extremely impressed by the build quality, sound and feel of this instrument. It is every bit as good as I have heard and read. I had my doubts the pre-CBS sound could be accurately replicated in a modern instrument (I think Fender and others come very close but most of the time some details are off), but they have really nailed it. I am fortunate to own both a1962 and a 1964 Stratocaster. The Silver Sky sounds almost identical to the 1964. Really looking forward to exploring the Silver Sky!
I also included a photo of the 1964 Stratocaster.

PRS Silver Sky

PRS Silver Sky

PRS Silver Sky

PRS Silver Sky

PRS Silver Sky

1964 Fender Stratocaster

That 64 is a beauty! Thankfully it doesn’t have the tortoise pickguard like Mayer’s 64 ;)

Congrats on the Silver Sky - I have a Golden Mesa myself and love it!

Ooofff - that is nice! And a beautifully dark rosewood fretboard to boot. Congratulations

I'm so blown away by how this thing sounds and feels. Getting those percussive mids in a low output pickup is something I have only experienced in my 64 Strat. Talk about hitting home run in tone. No wonder they won't sell those separately :p
And the neck feels so smooth and consistent. The action was set at a surprisingly low 1mm at the 12th fret from the factory and there is absolutely zero buzz.
I already think this will become my number 1 Strat type guitar.

Back