NGD from Mark Tremonti!

Waldo Nova

Last year around this time, a friend told me that Mark Tremonti tweeted about looking for a genuine Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC+ amp. I messaged Mark's account with a picture of the three IIC+'s I owned and asked if he'd be interested in any of mine. He immediately replied with his phone number and asked me to call him. We talked gear for a bit and then amps specifically. I sent him a IIC+ and waited a few days to hear from him. He called me and said that he was up all night with his tech in the studio playing the amp and said... "this is the one". He bought the amp and I ordered a new PRS! It took 9 months to arrive, but it is amazing in every way and I am a very happy dude. It was an amazing pleasure to talk to Mark about tone and his gear. I just hope he uses the IIC+ on the new Tremonti album!

ySDtLO2.jpg

LDh597F.jpg

fc9cSs1.jpg

yY8kBMq.jpg

fMETx2J.jpg

0JDX6Dn.jpg

MKSkcWD.jpg

All I gotta say is WOW!!! Great collection you have there...so jealous that you got to talk gear with Mark...wouldn't it be so cool to hear your former amp on the new Tremonti album?!?! Now that you have his number, you can talk gear from time to time...sweet!!!

All I gotta say is WOW!!! Great collection you have there...so jealous that you got to talk gear with Mark...wouldn't it be so cool to hear your former amp on the new Tremonti album?!?! Now that you have his number, you can talk gear from time to time...sweet!!!
Thanks!! It definitely was a pleasure talking with him. He is a really nice guy that loves to talk tone and is on a never ending quest for it.

Can't deny I'm a bit jealous of this story. Has nothing to do with Tremonti being my favorite guitar player or anything, I promise :D

And oh yeah, nice guitars and stuff :rolleyes: ;)

That collection man! Inspiring to say the least. It's always nice to hear stories like this. At the end of the day, we're all just humans on this speck with GAS.

What Pickups are you putting in the Black burst doublecut?
Thanks for the question... That one is a Private Stock. I recently acquired that one with Metal \m/ pickups. For some reason, the covers made them squeal horribly so I ordered some HFS/VB's to slap in there and get it back up and running.

Back