NGD! First was a dud. This one's a keeper.

LOVE your guitar.. I enjoy when I hear “ it’s just anS2, nothing special……
Well let me tell you, “ the S2 line is a wonderful“

Don’t ya think we may get desensitized with the Flame, Quilt, finding Waldo in the infinite growth rings of a PS.. I have had the pleasure of owning a number:eek: of guitars, my S2s are some kinda wonderful. Enjoy and sorry about the dent…….

Congratulations!

Yep, s2s are awesome! I love mine!

It's a totally different guitar now though as I modified it a lot.

You mentioned springs in your other thread. I changed mine to Floyd Rose noiseless springs and I am not getting that annoying noise anymore.
I definitely came across your video when I was on the hunt for one of these! For now I put a small piece of foam under the springs that completely fixed the issue. I might end up buying the noiseless springs when I get the itch to do something.

What other mods have you done? I have a brass block waiting to be installed when I change strings. I think I might go with 9.5s as I like those on my 25.5" guitars. I'm good with 10s on 24.75" guitars, so I wasn't sure what to expect from the PRS. Other than that I'm going to try very hard to stay with the 58/15S pickups. I think they're actually great sounding. I dont want to fix what ain't broke. I'll probably install a CTS push-pull at the very least because I find the stock pot is hard to pull. The CTSs have great action. I might go dual-push pull to get those two other sounds, or I might try push-push since I have no experience with those. If I get crazy I might get a new guard made and go with mini-toggles and 3-way toggle pickup selector. I need to live with it for a while first to see if any of that is necessary. But I do love to tinker...

I might go dual-push pull to get those two other sounds, or I might try push-push since I have no experience with those.

Push-Push pots are a joy to use, but one caveat is that you must make sure that the pot is in the 'UP' position of you're going to change or reposition the knob. Pulling up forcefully to remove the knob with the pot in the down position can break the mechanism.

I was having a bunch of work done on a guitar with these pots at a very well-respected shop and included some new knobs to switch out, without warning them the guitar had push-push pots....and they broke them.

OP I have the identical guitar from 15' different pups I think but covered as well and same finish 22 frets....still love it 7 years later....

Very sweet axe. As I was scrolling down I was thinking Vela then the S2 Standard body showed up and wow!

Nice setting for the picture too! Where is the brass block going?

Follow up thought...aren't the tone pots on S2 series the same as Core? I seem to remember on my S2 594 only the volume pots were Alpha. Might save you some effort on changing the tone pot!

Last edited:
Very sweet axe. As I was scrolling down I was thinking Vela then the S2 Standard body showed up and wow!

Nice setting for the picture too! Where is the brass block going?

Follow up thought...aren't the tone pots on S2 series the same as Core? I seem to remember on my S2 594 only the volume pots were Alpha. Might save you some effort on changing the tone pot!
Thanks. I was looking at Velas yesterday, lol. But I need to chill for a bit. I have a room in my house that's a music/excercise room and it needs some remodeling. I can't fit more guitars until I re-do some things.

The brass block is going to replace the alloy block that is currently on the tremolo. I like a beefy block on my Strat, so I figured it will be an upgrade on the S2 bridge. I'm still a PRS newbie but I think the S2 line has the electronics and tremolo that is used in the SE series. I have not changed the strings yet so I have not been able to peek under the pickguard yet. I'll probably tackle that this weekend.

Back