NGD - First Time PRS Owner

HTTP410

I received my first PRS, a Custom 24, yesterday but didn't open it until this morning. Gosh, that was tough. I knew it was going to look gorgeous but I truly wasn't expecting what I found inside. It is breathtaking.

prs1.jpg

prs2.jpg

But there is one small blemish that I noticed and I'm not sure if I should be concerned enough about this to send it back or not. There's this rough spot in the finish that I've outlined in the pic below. I went back and looked at the original photo in the listing and I can't zoom in enough to know if it's there or not. It feels like a rub mark. Honestly, I'm sure that no one will ever know except me but it was sold as new so IDK.

prs3.jpg

Regardless, I'm blessed to have such a fine crafted instrument. Now all I have to do is get better! I'm glad to be in the club.

Brian

Great looking guitar. I am sure it sounds great too.
If you haven’t already done so, call the store you bought it from and ask them how they would like to handle it. You might have other options besides a return. They might offer to get it buffed out for you or give you a partial refund to compensate. They might have a higher resolution image than what was uploaded to check to see if it was blemished at the time the picture was taken.

Great looking guitar. I am sure it sounds great too.
If you haven’t already done so, call the store you bought it from and ask them how they would like to handle it. You might have other options besides a return. They might offer to get it buffed out for you or give you a partial refund to compensate. They might have a higher resolution image than what was uploaded to check to see if it was blemished at the time the picture was taken.

Man, I can't believe how sweet this thing sounds. I've already contacted them. Great idea on the hi-res photo. They seem on the up-and-up so I'm sure we'll figure it out. I would hate to send it back because it's just so awesome!

Gorgeous guitar. I agree with the above - contact the store and send a pic, shoot for a discount. That said, if it plays and sounds great there's no way I'd return it for a different one, because eventually playing is going to cause some spots in the finish anyway,

I received my first PRS, a Custom 24, yesterday but didn't open it until this morning. Gosh, that was tough. I knew it was going to look gorgeous but I truly wasn't expecting what I found inside. It is breathtaking.

prs1.jpg

prs2.jpg

But there is one small blemish that I noticed and I'm not sure if I should be concerned enough about this to send it back or not. There's this rough spot in the finish that I've outlined in the pic below. I went back and looked at the original photo in the listing and I can't zoom in enough to know if it's there or not. It feels like a rub mark. Honestly, I'm sure that no one will ever know except me but it was sold as new so IDK.

prs3.jpg

Regardless, I'm blessed to have such a fine crafted instrument. Now all I have to do is get better! I'm glad to be in the club.

Brian

That's a great guitar! My guitars probably have dings on them that I don't even know about because I don't care enough about dings, swirl marks or random blemishes to seek them out for scrutinization. Don't worry about the ding. You are just going to get more of them so who cares? Just play the guitar... and if you can't play good, play REALLY , REALLY LOUD!

Gorgeous guitar. I agree with the above - contact the store and send a pic, shoot for a discount. That said, if it plays and sounds great there's no way I'd return it for a different one, because eventually playing is going to cause some spots in the finish anyway,

I'm right there with you, Aahzz. I've got a Fender American Pro 2 and Les Paul 60's Standard but this PRS just feels "special". I'm not real sure on another way to describe it.

That's a great guitar! My guitars probably have dings on them that I don't even know about because I don't care enough about dings, swirl marks or random blemishes to seek them out for scrutinization. Don't worry about the ding. You are just going to get more of them so who cares? Just play the guitar... and if you can't play good, play REALLY , REALLY LOUD!

Thanks, Hangar18. I agree. The most exciting part is that I can see tangible improvement in my playing over the last year which is continued motivation. My weekly lesson is such a great mental health break from my day job.

Congrats and welcome to the Enablers Club! Whatta ya gonna get next?o_O

Sweet top! (and back!)

Thanks, toothace. I've been lurking in the forums for a bit reading about the addiction that is PRS but didn't really understand it before now. Must...resist...

That little blemish you will forget about in a few days.If it plays,sounds or feels like s**t you send it back.Gorgeous guitar!
Thanks, swede71. I know you're right. It plays, sounds, and feels like nothing else that I have. It really is in a league of its own and definitely a keeper!

Back