NGD (first PRS) Wood Library DGT - Copperhead

DGTBlues

Legend in my own mind
Hi all,
So I joined the club a couple of days ago and thought I share some pics of my new axe. I’ve never owned a PRS before this but went all in on a ‘new to me’ Flamey beast. I might call it blurry since the flame is wide and indistinct. Whoever had it before me had put 10’s on it and took out two springs but hadn’t adjusted the truss rod so the low E was a bit buzzy. I’ve put 11’s on it and put back all the springs just to see where things should sit but I can’t play it like this, at least not comfortably. My hats off to all the meaty hands out there that like 11’s. Restringing this guitar was a joy though, those locking phase III tuners are amazing. Anyway, it’s a 2018 (came out of the factory in January) with the bound neck which I’m fine with coming from the Les Paul world, the birds are Abalone and Mother of Pearl on a Ziricote board. The carve is beautiful. I’m spending most of my time playing with the coils tapped, both pickups on and the volumes rolled back with an EP Booster between the guitar and amp. I’m sure as my ears adjust to the new instrument I’ll find some other sounds that work for me to. Full on the bridge pickup does a great ‘Waitin’ for the Bus’ tone.

And here are the pics:

Fresh from the unboxing...
YGUnL7g.jpg

And resting by the fire:
NToQTWs.jpg

gnxugsh.jpg

Now to get those 10’s back on and get it adjusted properly.

Last edited:
WOW! Yeah, that "flame" isn't a half a step away from being "quilt". Sick looking top. And DGT is one of the models I would like to have in my arsenal one of these days. With that finish, I'd have to play Copperhead Road and record it on video, just to say I did it.....lol

Nice pick up.

The fun part of a DGT to me is that you can’t tell you’re playing 11s. Regardless of the string gauge, you should enjoy the hell out of that guitar. Congrats on landing a beauty!

Thanks guys, ya, the neck was what drew me in. I’ve always wanted a flame neck. I’m already back to the 10’s and they do still feel surprisingly thick compared to a Les Paul but I can bend the high E and B strings with more comfort so I think I’m staying here. I only pulled one spring though and might adjust the claw a hair to get me level again but waiting for the truss tweaks to settle before doing any more. I will love her long time for sure...

That is a killer DGT. Man, that neck is hot! Love it.

I'd say leave the 11s on a little longer just to see if you adapt. I was scared of them on my first DGT, but ultimately found that they didn't really feel all that bad. Having said that, I did string my current DGT with 9s.

Back