NGD - First PRS! Looking for Suggestions

Different guitars. I have 2 SE Custom 24's. One is all rosewood sold by Sweetwater, the other is Ziricote. I have 12 guitars and everyone has Tusq XL nuts, except my McCarty (left it original but planning on redoing the split to 2 independent and the bridge posts lock now). Anyhow the 2 SE's now have locking tuners, Reamed the control knob holes and put in CTS push pulls with .01 split caps for the neck and .018 split caps for the bridge & switchcaft 3 way switches. Also put in switchcaft double contact jacks.The pickups for the rosewood were left with the 85/15s and the Ziricote has Gib. Classic 57+ for bridge and Porter Blender for the neck. Did other things with the tremolos. Very sweet guitars now. Have fun if you modify, makes it unique.

Different guitars. I have 2 SE Custom 24's. One is all rosewood sold by Sweetwater, the other is Ziricote. I have 12 guitars and everyone has Tusq XL nuts, except my McCarty (left it original but planning on redoing the split to 2 independent and the bridge posts lock now). Anyhow the 2 SE's now have locking tuners, Reamed the control knob holes and put in CTS push pulls with .01 split caps for the neck and .018 split caps for the bridge & switchcaft 3 way switches. Also put in switchcaft double contact jacks.The pickups for the rosewood were left with the 85/15s and the Ziricote has Gib. Classic 57+ for bridge and Porter Blender for the neck. Did other things with the tremolos. Very sweet guitars now. Have fun if you modify, makes it unique.

Those sound amazing! I was looking at Tusq XL as well. I’m not 100% sure which measurement to use? They have one that is 1 11/16” that I think is the correct one. Any chance you remember what you got?

Those sound amazing! I was looking at Tusq XL as well. I’m not 100% sure which measurement to use? They have one that is 1 11/16” that I think is the correct one. Any chance you remember what you got?
GRAPH TECH BLACK TUSQ XL GUITAR NUT FOR PRS SE, #PT-6643-00

Sweet guitar. I've played a few of those and they were all great. Enjoy!

Back