NGD - First PRS! Looking for Suggestions

DizzlePizzle

Hey Everyone,

Today I received my first ever PRS. I’m usually a Fender guy, but was looking for a good value guitar with buckers. I found a KILLER deal on a SE Mira. Played it and the quality is stellar. I think I made a great decision. :)

I have a set of Lindy Fralin Pure PAF that I was planning on dropping in. I’d also like to get a Tort pickguard for it. All I can find online are guards for the S2 - are they compatible? What about wiring kits? I’ve heard the wiring on the SE can leave a little to be desired. Really looking forward to playing my new Mira a ton.

I was curious what you all suggest for other potential future mods?

Any advice you all have would be most appreciated!

Edited to add pictures:

Photo%20May%2025%2C%2011%2006%2059%20AM.jpg

Photo%20May%2025%2C%2011%2008%2022%20AM.jpg

Photo%20May%2025%2C%2011%2007%2014%20AM.jpg

Photo%20May%2025%2C%2011%2007%2047%20AM.jpg
Photo%20May%2025%2C%2011%2007%2024%20AM.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Pics will come in just a few. I’m still a noob to the forums, so can’t post links

I played for a few hours with it. I’m very used to the single coil sound, as my main guitar is a Telecaster. So, I’m still getting used to a different tone. I did not particularly like the coil tapping on this, but I *did* like the humbuckers.

One thing I don’t like is the location of the pickup switch. I’m so used to my telecaster, so it feels weird. Not a big deal, though! Otherwise, it felt great!

You xan have a custom pickguard made at WD Music. They have a lot of finish choices. I had one made for my S2 with an anodized look.

I have found a number of places offering great looking guards for the S2 Mira. I own a SE Mira. Is it safe to assume the measurements for the screw holes are the same in my SE as they are in the S2?

I have found a number of places offering great looking guards for the S2 Mira. I own a SE Mira. Is it safe to assume the measurements for the screw holes are the same in my SE as they are in the S2?
Nice looking guitar.
I'd consider keeping the current pickguard ... but getting black knobs.

Nice looking guitar.
I'd consider keeping the current pickguard ... but getting black knobs.

Ha! I got the blue specifically because I like the look of a good Tort guard on blue. I haven’t decided on knobs and such, yet. I want to see the guard on before I make those changes. Still might end up with black lampshades, though!

Back