NGD... First PRS! Custom 24 10-Top

SoCal Flood

I've been absolutely lusting after PRS guitars since I first laid eyes on one... my father-in-law has a 30 year old PRS Custom 24 in a vibrant purple/cranberry color (i'll try and find a photo) that basically played itself every time I picked it up. I own a Gibson LP R9 and while it's gorgeous and sounds amazing, this Custom 24 takes a back seat to no guitar in my house!

Everything I've heard about build quality, attention to detail etc is spot on. My pride of ownership of this guitar is so high. I'm loving the 85/15 pickups, the variety of tones it can produce and the versatility of the guitar overall is outstanding. It's my first guitar with a trem system and I was a little concerned about tuning stability, but it's been perfect and has stayed in tune beautifully. I'm still learning how to use the wiggle stick but man it's fun.

I had actually set out to buy a Gibson ES335 (I REALLY wanted one), but I came across this PRS and just kept coming back to it. I haven't been in the guitar game that long but i've heard so many times that a guitar will speak to you, well now i've experienced it. This guitar just kept screaming at me from the other side of the room as I was test driving ES335s... I was literally peaking at the PRS out of the corner of my eye. Anyways, enough from me, enjoy the photos!
xOQ6gP0.jpg
GJeHh47.jpg
0fZ8JUF.jpg
cTS36Es.jpg
u5L0hVL.jpg

Welcome to the club, that's a gorgeous custom 24 you've got! Just be careful as they have a way of multiplying pretty quickly.

I have this exact guitar on order. This just made me want it even more......damn that flame is gorgeous.

Congrats!!

I also apologize. You're now in trouble. This one will forever be known as your first PRS. Others will soon follow. You'll go through the Private Stock Friday thread and the odd combination of lust/envy/desire coupled with the appreciation of fine woods and fine craftsmanship will cause sleepless nights. You'll start showing pictures of guitars to your significant other. You'll explain what a PS order is. The up-charge for the Artist Package will seem like a pittance. And just when "financial sanity" takes over and you think "X number of core model PRS is enough" you'll play an S2 and think, "Hmmmm, these are so much less expensive and they play so well." Even more guitars will follow.

Oh my friend, you're in for a bumpy ride. ENJOY!!!!

Back