NGD - First Core / Korina Kontent

hord1080

I rarely get a NGD and figured i needed to share. I saw that Guitar Center had crazy 180 return period because of Covid19 and decided to peruse the used listings (which are surprisingly horrendous super small grainy images, seems so half-assed). I had been looking at Reverb for years and the Korina's intrigued me - something about a solid slab of one wood that piqued my interest. I had the KL1812 in my mind as I really want a 24 with stoptail which are super rare. Low and behold, the first day I look on GC I see one! Now to convince the wife...and she wasn't having it during these tough times. I got her but was super devastating to see this rare chance gone. I come on here and see someone talking about a Korina 24 and asked and it was the guitar and he was going to return it. I was hoping that it would pop back up and I could keep working on the wife, but a '09 Korina McCarty with outline birds came up and it was 30min from my house. I finally succeeded (I have 6mo to sell my other guitars per the deal), drove down and got her curbside from the 1 guy working the whole store. Surreal moment when I took a peek in the trunk and she was in amazing condition. I am in love! It is a little on the vintage side for my tastes (mostly play styles like 311, Incubus, etc from turn of the century PRS rock) but she still cranks up. Sorry for the long post!

Last edited:
KL1812 and McCarty Korinas are both great guitars. Looking forward to the pictures. Congratulations!

Bouo1qa.jpg

ADYk7FW.jpg

CSGanT8.jpg

Just the other day I was playing my McSoaporina and was just in awe of how great it sounded. More of a hard rock/classic rock tone going on but it really hit the spot. I was plugged into my Boogie TC50 clean channel with The Dude overdrive pedal and tuned down a half step. I fell in love all over again with the guitar, the amp, and the pedal.

Back