NGD Finally got my first core... 2000 singlecut, 10 top, birds, Black Sunburst

Mr70ss

Well It finally happened I now own a core. funny story but I actually learned my first riff on a custom 22 back in '92 when I was in high school. I happen to have a buddy whos father was a player and had a very nice collection, and was nice enough to let us kids play them. Shortly after picking up that PRS I was hooked and wanted my own guitar, but when your 15-16 and make $4.90 a prs was not an option. My buddies father stepped up and offered to sell me one of his USA strats. I jumped at the offer, and still have it to this day. Over the years my tastes in guitars have changed and I discovered my love for singlecuts. Fast forward 20+ years and now I've sorta gone full circle back to a PRS. Here is my 2000 singlecut in black sunburst.

3wFHT6I.jpg

yRb8ruy.jpg

While I'm not really a fan of gold hardware there are a few cases I feel it improves the look by adding a touch of class.. what do you think?

fcNWo8C.jpg

cz3gVO0.jpg

DPnyEuj.jpg

I am very happy with this guitar and what really surprised me was the wide/fat neck. I play mainly 60's slim taper LP's, and I was expecting it to be a bat, but no it works and wow does it ring. I also like the fact that the early singlecuts are not weight relieved. Mine weights in right at 10lbs. I'm still playing with pickups and currently have a #7 bass with a 250 treble, but that could change.

Last edited:
congrats! That's a beauty!

I'm kind of the opposite, I used to be a single cut only kind of guy, but now I pretty much only like the standard PRS shape. But that is a beaut! Bet you could play some nice Slash riffs on that one!

That’s a sweet looker, for sure. Congrats on getting what you wanted all along!

That's a great looking guitar. Looks to be in great shape, too. Congrats!

Thats a beauty for sure! I love the bigger necks. Enjoy!

Side note...A friend of mine had a 70 Chevelle SS w 396. Blue w white stripes...fast car...Nice car!

Looks great, I am getting something like this. Will compare it to new CE and keep one...

Congrats, nice pickup! A pair of 57/08s or 59/09s would likely sound fabulous in that 10lb beast :)

Thanks everyone, man the more I play it the more I notice how well it rings.. it's also the loudest guitar when it's not plugged in. It's a keeper for sure

Back