NGD: finally, a core PRS in the house!

nablaz

As per the "Introduce yourself" thread, here I am sharing my exitement with all of you!
I worked hard to put the money aside, but now that I have it I can say that it was totally worth it: late 2011 PRS McCarty 58 in Blue Crab Blue!

The feel and finish of the guitar is absolutely amazing. The top is stunning in person, very deep and 3-dimensional, and the finish accentuates the wood grain beautifully with nuances of colours ranging from sky blue to gray, to greenish and even sand-brown.
Love the colour contrast with the natural back too...
The neck and fretboard feel like an old friend (which is actually great) and the pickups... These 57/08s are incredible!
Such nice, deep and warm sound, with astoundig clarity and definition on top of it. It rings and sustains like crazy. Coil-taps are also very useable and make it even more versatile. This guitar can handle everything I can throw at it and much more!
I feel humbled by such an instrument: now that I have it I almost feel like I don't deserve it! :laugh:

Enough of the crazy-talk, here are some pictures. Excuse my poor photography skills...

mc58_01_zps37f8rx5l.jpg

mc58_02_zpszfjw6ch3.jpg

And here's a PRS family pic (the SE Angelus is my girlfriend's):

prs_family_01_zpsr9l0bb2y.jpg

Cheers!

Oh man that's a great guitar, super top & finish - Congrats! I would never let that one go, sounds like you are enjoying it.

Thanks everybody, I really appreciate all your kind words!
On a side note, the first thing I thought when I bought it was: will it be too blue to receive a "bangin'!" from sergio?
Apparently, it was... Still, it was nice of him to make the effort and comment positively! :vroam:
Oh, and the family is not actually all there in the last pic, that's just the PRS branch! :biggrin:
Maybe one day I'll sneak the intruders in some other photos...

Thanks again to all of you, it's nice to feel welcome in the community!

Congrats! That is one of the most beautiful guitars I have ever seen! I actually have a '13 Studio 10 top in Blue Crab Blue due in tomorrow!

I almost feel like I don't deserve it!

That is too funny cause I actually felt the EXACT same way once. I had a 10-top cu22 and said to myself...."damn dude your chops aren't even worthy to be haphazardly danced across this beautiful fretboard"...................................then I shook it off, reached down to find my inner(=semi-sloppy) Al DiMeola, and kept shredding.

Excellent piece you picked up there!!!

Back