NGD ... fail?

I have given this seller the benefit of the doubt, as I often do. I believe there is typically two sides to a story and the truth is somewhere in between. In this instance I have lost any benefit towards the seller. The item has been relisted on reverb with the same photos and zero mention of any fading. I'm not usually one to call out sellers by name but in my mind it is warranted. I thought about doing it but as I have no dog in the fight I will leave that up to the other parties to decide.

As.stated earlier this seller is sort of in my region and have thought about purchasing from them. They have just moved to my no buy list.

I'm sorry you had to go through this OP and although I do understand your logic of a dealer representing PRS is a PRS problem I still would not hold a bad apple against them. PRS is a fine company that builds outstanding products. Don't give up on them. Good luck!

Yeah, I just found the listing - I have to say it's completely disingenuous to list this guitar as Brand New - it was at very best questionable before Archtop purchased it, now doubly so since it's been returned with finish issues that were acknowledged by PRS.

Glad to hear it, Archtop, and damn if I wouldn't like to know who it was, too. Definitely don't hold it against PRS - they can't police the dealers non-stop, but you can definitely call them and voice your extreme displeasure - even if you already have.

If you do a search for Hollowbody II on Reverb, it shows up with the exact pictures from earlier in this post - so it's not too difficult to find the dealer. I'm going to follow SinSir's example, however, and not "out" them myself, as it isn't my tale to tell.

If you do a search for Hollowbody II on Reverb, it shows up with the exact pictures from earlier in this post - so it's not too difficult to find the dealer. I'm going to follow SinSir's example, however, and not "out" them myself, as it isn't my tale to tell.
Yes, obviously I should've done that already, thanks bro! Noted the dealer and they are expunged from the futures list.

Could somebody PM me with dealer name please ;~)) I did search on R (for PRS and for Hollowbody II) and I did not see it listed. Maybe dealer thought twice or maybe some lost soul snapped it up! Either way, I sure would like to know who to avoid for purchases of this magnitude!

Edit: Got responses, thanks y'all!!!

Last edited:
Reverb did their job and seller/dealer has issued a full refund... finally!

Looking at that dealer’s Reverb profile, it doesn’t appear that you have left negative feedback. You owe it to potential buyers to do so. You also should report the relisted item as a fraudulent listing since it is still being advertised as brand new with the original photos. As a buyer and seller myself on Reverb, I want to see sellers providing good service to be recognized and those providing bad service to be held accountable, to prevent others from having similar bad experiences. While I appreciate your distress over this experience and glad you had it resolved, you have merely raised issues directed towards PRS, but you haven’t done much to prevent others having similar issues with that dealer - who is the primary culprit.

Last edited:
I put the guitar on my watch list yesterday to see how this would play out. Today, totally unsolicited, the seller sent me an offer approx 1k under the listing price. I responded with a link to this thread and asked “Is this the guitar?” Unsurprisingly, I have not received a response.

I put the guitar on my watch list yesterday to see how this would play out. Today, totally unsolicited, the seller sent me an offer approx 1k under the listing price. I responded with a link to this thread and asked “Is this the guitar?” Unsurprisingly, I have not received a response.

Thank you for doing that.

And no - I wouldn't hold my breath on a reply.

=K

Looking at that dealer’s Reverb profile, it doesn’t appear that you have left negative feedback. You owe it to potential buyers to do so. You also should report the relisted item as a fraudulent listing since it is still being advertised as brand new with the original photos. As a buyer and seller myself on Reverb, I want to see sellers providing good service to be recognized and those providing bad service to be held accountable, to prevent others from having similar bad experiences. While I appreciate your distress over this experience and glad you had it resolved, you have merely raised issues directed towards PRS, but you haven’t done much to prevent others having similar issues with that dealer - who is the primary culprit.

From my past experience, once you have a refund you can't leave feedback on Reverb, either positive or negative. I think it's a big flaw in the system. As for reporting as fraudulent, I certainly agree with that!

Good move! As for the offer, that's an automated thing that some sellers use. I got one on a guitar I was watching and sent a message about it. The response I got from the seller clearly demonstrated that they had no idea an offer had been made.

Feedback can't be left when a full refund has been issued. I will contact Reverb but I'm not expecting they'll do much about the listing. Situations like this are probably why Reverb's 'insurance' has skyrocketed, Reverb probably views this as a cost of doing business that's passed on to all sellers and they only get involved when a buyer makes noise. I had another Not As Described a couple years ago with another guitar store (lacquer guitar had been sprayed over with clear poly from a rattle can) and Reverb was much easier to work with before Etsy took over. Back then I was clearly woking with guitar players at Reverb who were really angered by misrepresentations and finish issues, this time I felt like I was dealing with a Reverb rep who didn't understand guitars and instead was someone working from a script to make the buyer go away, the issue wen't easier after it was escalated to a supervisor.

Last edited:
I used to love the ease of selling stuff on reverb, now I almost always trade things to my local store for store credit. The glory days of reverb are long gone. Glad you got it sorted out, don't let it ruin your enjoyment of the other PRS in your stable.

I'm sure the new buyer will be here rather quickly, I feel bad for them already.:(
And this is where I start to see PRS being a party in this affair. They are well aware of this situation (if all facts are accurate and up to date), and to not step in is I believe, a big mistake. They need to police their dealers especially when being made aware of wrongdoing. Otherwise, the proverbial "give them an inch and they will take a mile" will run rampant!

I'm sure the new buyer will be here rather quickly, I feel bad for them already.:(
I hope not... these "I have a problem with my new PRS threads are getting old."

Hard not to reply sarcastically to some of them.... "yeah, you have a dealer. Then you have PRS. But I bet you forum guys can fix this for me before they do."

I keep wanting to give one of them @ScottR's phone number, then have him record the phone call. We could air it here as an episode of "Scared Straight!" :eek::eek:

And surprise surprise it was just relisted again on reverb after what I assume another return.. Updated pics this time!

Back