NGD Eriza Verdi

guitarguy1964

I have been thinking about buying a more modern guitar with a slimer neck profile and possibly 24 frets for quite awhile now but nothing really excited me. I have been going back and forth between my 408 and a strat latley for 2 of the bands i play with. Im playing a tele or a strat for the country gigs i do but my main gigs are a R&B/Funk band and a classic rock band. Nothing I looked at really got me excited until a friend posted a picture of his CE 22 and it got me thinking. I had been thinking about 24 frets because all of my guitars are 21 or 22 frets. I also love semihollow guitars.

I recieved the CE 24 a little over a week ago and went to work setting it up. I did struggle a little getting the action low enough for me withouth buzz sticking with 10 gauge strings but i got there. For years ive been using 9s on my Fenders, 10s on my Gibsons and 9.5s on my PRS guitars. The neck profile is very comfortable for me. I do have 1 PRS with a wide thin neck but the rest are wide fat or pattern. The tuning stability is great as expected.

This weekend i played a gig with the R&B band and i was very happy. This is my first guitar with th 85/15 pickups and so far I really like them. Clean the guitar sounded great, very balanced and clear. They do have a lot of high end compared to the 408 pickups but not a problem at all. I really like the tone of the coil taps, i even like those tones better than the 408. The only issue is the volume drop that i dont have with the 408. I'll get used to it I'm sure. The mid gain tones were good as well but with this band i dont use that sound a lot. I'll know more about that next weekend after playing with the classic rock band. The high gain sounds really shined! My high gain lead tones really cut though the mix. For this gig i used my Mesa Mark V 35 and my pedal board, next eekend will be a modeler with IEMs and no amp on stage.

I'm still on the honeymoon but so far i love it!

I have been thinking about buying a more modern guitar with a slimer neck profile and possibly 24 frets for quite awhile now but nothing really excited me. I have been going back and forth between my 408 and a strat latley for 2 of the bands i play with. Im playing a tele or a strat for the country gigs i do but my main gigs are a R&B/Funk band and a classic rock band. Nothing I looked at really got me excited until a friend posted a picture of his CE 22 and it got me thinking. I had been thinking about 24 frets because all of my guitars are 21 or 22 frets. I also love semihollow guitars.

I recieved the CE 24 a little over a week ago and went to work setting it up. I did struggle a little getting the action low enough for me withouth buzz sticking with 10 gauge strings but i got there. For years ive been using 9s on my Fenders, 10s on my Gibsons and 9.5s on my PRS guitars. The neck profile is very comfortable for me. I do have 1 PRS with a wide thin neck but the rest are wide fat or pattern. The tuning stability is great as expected.

This weekend i played a gig with the R&B band and i was very happy. This is my first guitar with th 85/15 pickups and so far I really like them. Clean the guitar sounded great, very balanced and clear. They do have a lot of high end compared to the 408 pickups but not a problem at all. I really like the tone of the coil taps, i even like those tones better than the 408. The only issue is the volume drop that i dont have with the 408. I'll get used to it I'm sure. The mid gain tones were good as well but with this band i dont use that sound a lot. I'll know more about that next weekend after playing with the classic rock band. The high gain sounds really shined! My high gain lead tones really cut though the mix. For this gig i used my Mesa Mark V 35 and my pedal board, next eekend will be a modeler with IEMs and no amp on stage.

I'm still on the honeymoon but so far i love it!

Nice

Back